Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was wondering if you knew if the Diamondback line (27.5) would fit the SR Suntour raidon, I was looking to upgrade to an air fork. Please ask questions if I didn't get enough information.:)

·
Registered
212 Posts
You need to determine which headset is on your bike. Is it a straight 1.125", or a 1.5" to 1.125" tapered? This assumes it's threadless.

Fork offset?

Brake type: disk, V, cantilever?

Axle type in hub? 9mm QR or 15mm or 15mm boost or?

Gather all that info and start looking. If you don't know, post pictures of what you have.

·
Registered
1,644 Posts
Using the links you provided, it appears the fork on eBay is tapered, the bike is not. Also, the fork is boost. Not sure the bike is.

·
Registered
212 Posts
Assuming that's not a counterfeit China fork, that's a really good deal on an air fork.

Regarding the REI website, the OP really needs to check the bike. This week (Monday) I bought a co-op DRT 1.2 to replace my 25 year old Klein, the REI website says the DRT 1.2 comes with Altus components, but the bikes actually had Deore / Acera components.

I need to go measure my own hubs because if my bike is actually a 15mm boost, I may buy one of those air forks.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.