Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3,486 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm not sure where to put this, there is no consolidated frankenbike thread IIRC, but I would think this is a display of biking passion/tinkering.... or just something to commute on. I saw this bike on campus and it immediately grabbed my attention due to its "je ne sais quoi". This creation is built of what I would consider to be pretty decent parts worthy of many finely built and admired bicycles. The build AFAICT is as follows: Krampus MDS frame, Surly Ogre? fork, Chromag hbar, Thomson box stem and seatpost, White Industries headset, hubs, crankset+ring, probably BB as well, Rhynolite rims, TRP spike calipers with huge DH rotors, deore shifter, RD and cassette, and Crank Bros. pedals. Notice the 26x1.5 slick tires. I am in awe and bewilderment looking at this bike. I'm gonna keep an eye out for the rider to inquire about the build story, there's just gotta be one.

So here it is:

Bicycle tire Wheel Tire Bicycle wheel Bicycle wheel rim
Bicycle tire Wheel Tire Bicycle wheel rim Bicycle frame
Bicycle tire Tire Wheel Bicycle wheel Bicycle frame

·
Registered
6,098 Posts
Great find. I love builds like this. Except for the steerer tube. Could kill someone with that!

·
Registered
3,486 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Built of parts from his/hers dad's junk box?
No idea, but would like to find out

Great find. I love builds like this. Except for the steerer tube. Could kill someone with that!
Agreed, but it's also possible that fork will end up somewhere else too.

I haven't seen anyone around the bike as yet. I'm tempted to leave my email address to see if the person will share the build story.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.