Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
endurance xc
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

My ultimate dream in life is to own a race team which requires a lot of money. I could care less if I spend 20 years of my life trying to gather enough money to compete in a series and lose it all in a few years. I would still have a backup plan, and still make my dream come true.

There is nothing like pushing the envelope as much as possible. The feeling of the tires pushing against the concrete or dirt and narrowly making it around the corner is... there is no word for it.

People think of bicycles and think about how lame it must be to pedal for miles up a hill... You get to go for miles back down a different hill. Also I get to skip knee surgery and build up the loose ligaments and tendons in my knees. While doing this I get to push that envelope and narrowly miss trees. I don't think of 40mph as being fast until I am going over 4" - 12" rocks with the bike fishtailing under me. The centrifical force of the tires spinning that fast keeps me upright just like spinning a top. It's great when my vision is so blurred I cannot see. I just go on the line I have predetermined to work (most of the time haha).

I started riding my bicycle because of my knees (genetic reasons) and now I ride because it relives stress, releases endorphins, and gives me exactly what I crave, going fast. Not drugs. Not alcohol. Just speed.

My definition of a drug: Is anything that causes a lack of motivation and causes people to get mad because they have to do a simple task or cause violence.

·
Life is Good
1,494 Posts
Nice post! Welcome to the forums, as well. I sometimes catch the "why do you ride a bicycle so much?" flak every once in awhile too.... I guess you just won't know unless you try, eh?

·
2006 Yeti AS-X
3,217 Posts
Kudos!! I hope you get to ride for a looooooong time and be able to do what you set out to accomplish!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.