Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
656 Posts
I totally agree. If I want that stuff I will go elsewhere on the 'net.

Saturday I am going on a ride with friends, and the relationship threads will be completely forgotten. However, when I ride I often think of the MTB threads. :D

Rita

·
life is a barrel o'fun
2,502 Posts
Funny, ran into some people today and the other day from the internet. When you're riding together, the silliness of the posts goes away.

·
chainpain
88 Posts
Well there have been a few threads about relationship problems, so obviously people want to talk about relationships. The Women's Lounge is not the only hideout affected by this plague. Perhaps there should be a separate off topic forum. Neither passion nor general discussion has a real off topic flavour. Shame.

·
mtbr member since 1997
354 Posts
I don't actually mind

formica said:
ok I feel better now.
In a can't-tear-myself-away-from-looking-at-the-trainwreck kinda way.

But I have much less patience for obvious trolls for attention (for relationship matters or otherwise).

Mary Ann

·
Banned
6,057 Posts
chainsuck said:
Well there have been a few threads about relationship problems, so obviously people want to talk about relationships. The Women's Lounge is not the only hideout affected by this plague. Perhaps there should be a separate off topic forum. Neither passion nor general discussion has a real off topic flavour. Shame.
Ummm...

http://forums.mtbr.com/forumdisplay.php?s=&daysprune=&f=88

·
Premium Member
4,129 Posts
chainsuck said:
There is a forum for non-mtb topics. It is the Socio-Economic-Political Forum.

Threads can also be moved over there if people want, that way the discussion can be had, but in a more appropriate forum.

·
Banned
6,057 Posts
chainsuck said:
Judging from the name of the forum, that sounds a lot less off topic than the other forums. Oh, and do you want the eccentric people there to know your IP?
I'm one of those eccentric people, thank you, and the IPs are posted because of a problem we had with people using dummy IDs to post inappropriate content.

Seriously, I've always thought that forum should be simply named "Off Topic". As it is now, it attracts only us "eccentric" types while other forums continue to get spammed with "Should I dump the ho?" and "I Love Battlestar Galactica" threads. :D

·
L1MEY
1,487 Posts
Picard said:
hey formica:

I recommend you take 1 valium pill for tonight. If it doesn't improve, call me tomorrow so I will help you . :D
Hey Picard, I recommend you take one regular drinking glass, fill with half a cup of lemon juice, two tablespoons of vinegar and five tablespoons of salt. Take one gulp, take a bite of glass, crunch and swallow. Rinse and repeat until it's all gone. Enjoy!

·
Registered
171 Posts
mahgnillig said:
Hey Picard, I recommend you take one regular drinking glass, fill with half a cup of lemon juice, two tablespoons of vinegar and five tablespoons of salt. Take one gulp, take a bite of glass, crunch and swallow. Rinse and repeat until it's all gone. Enjoy!
HA! yeah man!
I'm totally using that line.

·
chainpain
88 Posts
Drewdane said:
I'm one of those eccentric people, thank you, and the IPs are posted because of a problem we had with people using dummy IDs to post inappropriate content.
So I thought, but that doesn't provide a full solution as there are tons of proxies available on the net. I have noticed that people have a habit of letting out less flattering characterizations of each other on that forum, and I wouldn't be 100% comfortable with having my real IP shown on that page. Yes, I do know that the risk is small, but my point is that the IP display is unnecessary. If the same IP adress was used for multiple accouts and flame bait accounts, the moderators could simply ban that IP address.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.