Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
Hey Bestiufulo,

Never heard or seen Tag Wheels. Kind of reminds of the bmx wheels back in the late 70's and early 80's. Have you hit the trails with them yet? I'm just curious to hear your opinions on them. Please let us know...

By the way, nice Bullitt... Looks cool!!! :thumbsup:

·
Registered
1,521 Posts
Heard they are super heavy.. how do the tags ride.

I have to concur.. strange build with those short forks.. the only place i thought id see those wheels is on a downhill monster bike.

·
Registered
315 Posts
the bike just makes it seem like youre really confused on what to do with it. get a bigger fork, totem, fox 36 van, anything at least 6 inches. those wheels....well....if you want burly wheels well cool. and yeah, cut that steer tube. otherwise ya got nice components i hope youve had fun riding it.

·
Registered
581 Posts
I wonder if you get sticks caught in them wheels more than spoked wheels?? I always get Bloody sticks in my spokes, i think its the number of spokes that stop the sticks penetrating to the other side. I can just imagine people flying over there bars with a stick stuck in there wheel?
The frame is the best bit, totally love it best frame ever!! You seem like a confused man with great taste:thumbsup: Just playin

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
work very cool

kuyawil said:
Hey Bestiufulo,

Never heard or seen Tag Wheels. Kind of reminds of the bmx wheels back in the late 70's and early 80's. Have you hit the trails with them yet? I'm just curious to hear your opinions on them. Please let us know...

By the way, nice Bullitt... Looks cool!!! :thumbsup:
the tag wheels work very cool, are very very stable, and very absorvents,

·
noMAD man
12,227 Posts
IMO, wheels like these don't offer much in the way of increased durability or performance, but man...they sure look sexy. I think you either like the look of non-traditional wheels or you don't. I do. I was the first person in our city to have alloy mag-style wheels on a motorcycle back in the day...a '73 Kawasaki Z1. I was always a sucker for trick alloy wheels. That said, I probably won't go that route for my MTB...but...never say never.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.