Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Forging Elite Awesomeness
772 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone had their appendix removed? What are the symptoms of a problem that requires the removal?

-I'm getting some 'cramping' like pains on and off in that general area. Just wanted to know if anyone has any advice before I go it it checked out.

Thanks

·
Drinker w/ Riding Problem
5,326 Posts
Got gas?

Upandatem said:
Anyone had their appendix removed? What are the symptoms of a problem that requires the removal?

-I'm getting some 'cramping' like pains on and off in that general area. Just wanted to know if anyone has any advice before I go it it checked out.

Thanks
Maybe it's that time of the month? you got gas man! Go to the doc! get it checked!

·
Registered
10 Posts
I had mine removed when I was 17. It felt like a combination of stomach cramps and a really bad stomach ache.

And I second the "don't screw around, get it checked out" sentiment if you are at all concerned that it may be your apendix. Mine burst before it came out, and I was in the hospital for 2 weeks on I.V. antibiotics.

·
Registered
4,066 Posts
mine ruptured a couple of years ago. Kind of felt like I had bad gas all day. I don't remember specifically, but at some point, it let up. That's when it ruptured. Went back to doing what I was doing. Ate dinner and started to get that bloated/gassy feeling again. By bedtime, I was starting to feel some pain and by 1 AM, I was curled up in a fetal position it hurt so bad. By then, I told the wife that maybe I should go to the ER and see a doc. 'Course, she though - since I admitted I might need to see a doc - that I was about to die and off we went.

After poking and prodding - they wouldn't give me any pain meds at first - for a while, they gave me some demerol. then half hour later, when I still rated my pain at a 10 out of 10 they gave me more. half hour after that, the pain was still at about a 5... but I didn't care any more!

at 7 I went to the OR for an emergency explatory laprotomy. My pain was centered in my belly, not on the right side, so they weren't sure. Once they opened me up, they found a rupture and all that goes with it (I'll leave the gory details out). Doc said much longer and I probably would have had a massive infection; life threatening massive.

Oh yeah, and this was all 5 weeks before my wedding! Anyway, all went well and now I have a cool 4" scar beneath my belly button.

If you're not sure, see the doc. Simple blood count should tell.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.