Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
its smooth like anything else. Like a butter. But ONLY if you make it all the way. No shiz, its longet than it looks. Extremely hard to clear it. That is why the palette is there. I cleared it 2/4 times. Meaning I would be in hospital the 2 other times, and I am not a beginner. So dont attempt to jump it without the palette there. Its in Raleigh, Atlantic Ave.

·
high school loser
1,313 Posts
Red Bull said:
why did you build it with absolutely no lip?
thats what i was thinking, it looks like it would be hard to clear with that lip. otherwise it looks nice, not THAT big, but a good jump.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
It virtually looks like there is no lip, but it is, in fact, about 20degrees. I have left the support struts uncut to be able to possibly adjust the ramp. Well enjoy the pics and the video ;)

·
Registered
3,473 Posts
^vindicator! said:
It virtually looks like there is no lip, but it is, in fact, about 20degrees. I have left the support struts uncut to be able to possibly adjust the ramp. Well enjoy the pics and the video ;)
If it were me I would have made the lip steeper, but thats me... It would have been easier to clear though...

The video makes me laugh.

Either way, nice jump dude. Keep building stuff.

·
Registered
2,391 Posts
am i the only one having troubles with the video, i tried every program i have...downloaded new codec, updated windows media, quicktime and divx and still no go

anyone wanna put it in another format using windows movie make, or something that play through mindows media player or divx

·
Registered
544 Posts
after watching the video i would highly recommend you heighten the last part of the takeoff ramp... i find "floater" jumps to be a lot more fun than those semi-bunnyhop-am-i-going-to-make-it ones

·
yeah, uh............bikes
2,712 Posts
matt said:
You should take down that ramp and rebuild it so it kicks you higher/farther, with ease.
See kids Math is Fun!!!!

simple trigonometry, known for hundreds of years, I don't think Evel Knieval should get credit for that one.....

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Thanks for the graph. I will rebuild the lip if you say so.. I do not know what would be wrong with the video, it is the simples format *.mpg, what does the error say?
The ramp was disegned for more speed that I thought I could get and it turned out that withtou bunnyhopping off the ramp you come 4feet short. Well thanks for advice.

1 - 20 of 39 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.