Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Banned
751 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
You guys probably know what this is. What crank, bottom bracket combination is this? You don't win anything. Here's a hint. The bottom bracket is too narrow for the crank but it's from 1993.

·
Banned
751 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
Fillet-brazed said:
I would guess maybe a Suntour XC Pro crank and MAVIC BB. Wild guess.
Wow! What happened to this thread. I don't think I received one notification. FB wins. XC Pro crank and Mavic (610?) BB.
That crank arm was almost unsalvagable. Not completely sure what happened. I know I got an ambulance ride on that one. From the cop that found me. I hit a plastic construction fence. The bike stopped in the fence. I went over the fence. Hit my head on the sidewalk. Managed to get on my feet. Stumbled across the street and hit my head on the fitness center wall and wound up out on the side of the street. That was his conclusion from the trail of blood. Woke up in the emergency room with like 30-40 stitches. Cop gave me a ride home. Asked where my bike was. He jumped in his car and went and pulled my bike out of the fence and brought it back to me. I don't really remember any of this. He explained things better to me when I called to thank him the following evening.
The crank arm hit so hard it crushed where the crank bolt inserts. I had to use a brass punch and reform the opening then retap the threads to extract the crank arm to find out I cracked the BB spindle. Thats how it got the Mavic. With a little grinding and polishing you can hardly notice the damage.
For such a long wait for the correct answer. I came up with a care package for the winner. FB. If you think you can use this stuff, pm me with your shipping details and I'll get it out ASAP.
New,
1" 1/8th FSA Conix
1" Cane Creek top cap
SRP aluminum crank bolts
Shimano (DuraAce?) cable stops.

·
Registered
7,696 Posts
sweet, I never win anything! I will defer to someone else who might need something there even though I do like those crank bolts.

SSMike, I have seen that little thing before somewhere but can't figure out what it is or where I saw it.

·
Banned
751 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Fillet-brazed said:
sweet, I never win anything! I will defer to someone else who might need something there even though I do like those crank bolts.

SSMike, I have seen that little thing before somewhere but can't figure out what it is or where I saw it.
Do you want the crank bolts? Nothing to throw them in the mail.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.