·
Medium?
6,731 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
The San Francisco area
Click on Map for Area Forecasts and Information
<td valign="top" align="left" width = 130>Winter Storm Warning
<td valign="top" align="right" width = 20>
<td valign="top" align="left" width = 130>Gale Warning[/TD]<td valign="top" align="right" width = 20>
[/TD] <td valign="top" align="left" width = 130>Snow Advisory[/TD]<td valign="top" align="right" width = 20>
[/TD] <td valign="top" align="left" width = 130>High Surf Advisory[/TD]
[/TD] <td valign="top" align="left" width = 130>Small Craft Advisory[/TD]
[/TD] <td valign="top" align="left" width = 130>Wind Advisory[/TD]<td valign="top" align="right" width = 20>
[/TD]
<td valign="top" align="left" width = 130>Flood Watch[/TD]<td valign="top" align="right" width = 20>
[/TD] <td valign="top" align="left" width = 130>High Wind Watch[/TD]<td valign="top" align="right" width = 20>
[/TD] <td valign="top" align="left" width = 130>Flood Statement[/TD]<td valign="top" align="right" width = 20>
[/TD] <td valign="top" align="left" width = 130>Special Weather Statement[/TD]
[/TD] <td valign="top" align="left" width = 130>Hazardous Weather Outlook[/TD]<td valign="top" align="right" width = 20>
[/TD]
[/TD]
[/TD]

https://www.wrh.noaa.gov/mtr/

I'll bet you never wanted to live in King City before.

Edit: The high surf advisory in Hollister is pretty funny too. That's that global warmin' kickin' in. The 'special weather statement' linked from that little slice of SLO Co on the bottom is classic.

I don't think the heavy stuff will be coming down for quite a while!

·
Fermented Grain Sampler
clinking clanking clattering collection of collagenous junk
4,165 Posts
Surf's up in Hollister! So you're gonna have close to a beach front place! That'll help property values even more.

Now the fun part is figuring out when there will be gaps in the storms to sneak a quick ride in. Either way, its gonna be a tad damp.

·
Registered
4,086 Posts
Careful......

I've got a friend who lives in the trailer park near the dry river. :p

- H-town even had "Downhill Mountain Bicycling Races" back in the day, a couple XC's too!
:D

Aaiiiight ya'lls, be good for New Years, I'm off to the Ord for a pre-storm of the century ride and little secret training....wait.......It's not a secret anymore! :mad:
:D

·
Slowest Rider
5,237 Posts
Fortunate Timing - I just escaped that "Bad Day" Alert

Just got back an hour ago from a mini-vacation with family in SLO/ Hearst Castle/... Seems we barely escaped from the tragedy of less than optimal CA weather, clearly deserving of a Special Weather Alert. ;)

Another funny coincidence, as we were coming back through King City a couple hours ago, I asked the wife if she ever thought about just chucking it all and living in a little house on a farm like along Hwy 101.
Her simple answer: NO.. (add that well-known wife "look" here)
I now remember she did mention something earlier along the line's of Hearst's "Ranch" being acceptable.

Sooo... it's time to practice rain riding again. I may do some short Sierra Azul and Henry Coe fire road rides if it's really soaking, and maybe Demo if there's a little break. The sun will no doubt come out in CA. They call it Spring.

·
Registered
4,086 Posts
THE place for rain rides.....

The "East" side of Ft. Ord which happens to really be the West side. ONLY in California :D - I'll gladly repay yo' self (Big Larry), Charlie, Plim, et all pretty much anytime you don't feel like slogging through steep, wet, nasty fireroads (Coe).
East Garrison drains really well, has tons of fun singletrack for miles & miles, and NO huge Coe-like climbs. Don't get me wrong, you will climb but only like 3,000 ft. in 30 miles or so but you won't spend ALL day doing this ride either.
- Oh yeah, so folks know going into this area, the E.G. factor is only like 38.094432% as hard on the Coe-factor scale that everybody knows and lovingly uses. :p :D

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.