Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2,277 Posts
That is crazy . . . I had the same happen to mine during a night ride this year.

I just went through the process of this on the "seepage" post. Look there, it has all the info you need.

Basically you will need a new ferrule, snip the line for a plush fit, fit the ferrule into the line, make sure it is tight, put it through the bolt and re-attach and bleed.

Peace.

·
I bike long tyme.
1,107 Posts
Assuming the hose broke off at the handle and the broken piece has been removed from the handle, you just need a new fitting to press into the hose and reattach as normal. Your shop will probably have one they'll give you.

·
Registered
233 Posts
Improperly inserted compression bushing likely. Do yourself a big ol' favor though: use the box end of the 8mm wrench to remove the compression nut, NOT the open end. You'll likely crack or round out the nut if you use the open end, and then you'll have to call Hayes up and hope for a warranty for the master cylinder body.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.