Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Nothing can stop me now
Joined
·
1,045 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yesterday, I am about 15 miles into my normal before work ride at South Mountain in Phoenix. I politely pass an oncoming hiker (female) and she says something that I have not heard before. "Nice Turner!"

I was so shocked, I didn't realize what she said until I was a couple of hundred yards down the trail. Wow! Freaky!

My dusty 5 Spot was very proud of the recognition....

Enjoy and Share!

bobo
 

·
Natl. Champ DH Poser/Hack
Joined
·
12,942 Posts
i got that alot back home. out here... not so much but it still happens. kinda like drivin a exotic car only car nuts recognize.

semi related: theres a guy with a passat almost identical to mine, roof rack and all but hes a tandam guy. we honk whenever we pass by eachother. 3 times today alone but i was in a station car the 2nd time so he didnt see me.
 

·
trail fairy
Joined
·
9,546 Posts
bobo_krkk_NIN said:
Yesterday, I am about 15 miles into my normal before work ride at South Mountain in Phoenix. I politely pass an oncoming hiker (female) and she says something that I have not heard before. "Nice Turner!"

I was so shocked, I didn't realize what she said until I was a couple of hundred yards down the trail. Wow! Freaky!

My dusty 5 Spot was very proud of the recognition....

Enjoy and Share!

bobo
Dude when a chick coments on yer Turner the least ya could do was get her number, thats a blatant come on if ever I heard one :D
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,454 Posts
Are you more surprised that a chick talked to you or that a hiker commented on your bike. My wife and I do a lot of backpacking and I also enjoy buying expensive backpacking gear almost as well as bikes.
 

·
Nothing can stop me now
Joined
·
1,045 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
trailadvent said:
Dude when a chick coments on yer Turner the least ya could do was get her number, thats a blatant come on if ever I heard one :D
uhhhh....

41, pregnant wife, 3 kids under 3 already. I need no more come-ons.....

bobo

She wasn't exactly in my wheelhouse either, but I hear what you are saying...
 

·
Bite Me.
Joined
·
4,531 Posts
Whenever I see a woman on the trail she usually screams then hits me in the face with the bear repellent spray then runs off in terror dialing 911. They seldom comment on my Turner.
 

·
Nothing can stop me now
Joined
·
1,045 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
cactuscorn said:
i got that alot back home. out here... not so much but it still happens. kinda like drivin a exotic car only car nuts recognize.

semi related: theres a guy with a passat almost identical to mine, roof rack and all but hes a tandam guy. we honk whenever we pass by eachother. 3 times today alone but i was in a station car the 2nd time so he didnt see me.
I think when you say back home, you mean Phoenix which is odd, since most people here hardly ever say this is home....

bobo
 

·
Nothing can stop me now
Joined
·
1,045 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
OldHouseMan said:
Are you more surprised that a chick talked to you or that a hiker commented on your bike. My wife and I do a lot of backpacking and I also enjoy buying expensive backpacking gear almost as well as bikes.
Hiker commenting on bike.....

bob
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,060 Posts
cutthroat said:
Whenever I see a woman on the trail she usually screams then hits me in the face with the bear repellent spray then runs off in terror dialing 911. They seldom comment on my Turner.
Whenever I see a wimmen on the trail they ask me if I am voting for Obama. Pretty normal for this neck of the woods.
 

·
Elitest thrill junkie
Joined
·
39,625 Posts
Yep, I get that, and it's from the strangest people too.
 

·
trail fairy
Joined
·
9,546 Posts
cutthroat said:
Whenever I see a woman on the trail she usually screams then hits me in the face with the bear repellent spray then runs off in terror dialing 911. They seldom comment on my Turner.
Well doh, you wait fo her to comment on the Turner first before asking for the number, otherwise youre a stalker:D

If no coment ride on ride on, shes probably a stalker and a non rider advocate:D

ride on very fast:p
 

·
trail fairy
Joined
·
9,546 Posts
bobo_krkk_NIN said:
uhhhh....

41, pregnant wife, 3 kids under 3 already. I need no more come-ons.....

bobo

She wasn't exactly in my wheelhouse either, but I hear what you are saying...
I hear ya on th wheelhouse, just cause she's a hiker dosen't mean shes in ya err in ya wheelhouse!

Ya, then yer reply yup good to get out for a bit on the Turner from the wife and kids, drop the wife and kids in there and youre safe to go, unless cutty's around:D
 
1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top