Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
slakDawg
469 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Getting ready to ride on Thur, look down at the top tube and...hey where did that come from!

Took it to the shop Sat, got to wait until Mon to hear what Kona is going to do. What sucks is I definitely won't have it back in time for next weekend. Heading to the mountains (of NC) and will be on my old hardtail with v-brakes. Gonna suck bigtime, well no not really, I'll still be in the hills.

On a warranty note: Has anyone with a Dawg ever seen/had a cracked top tube? What was the outcome? Would I have any input to replacement options like color? I'd also like to get a larger size, at 6'3" the 19" is almost cramped, I think the 20" would fit better.

TIA,
rob

·
slakDawg
469 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Goods news today...

I got the call from Scott at http://MagicCycles.com . My new Dawg Primo frame has arrived. Less than a 3 week turn-around time is pretty good (considering my buddy has been waiting more than 2 months on his broken Trek Fuel). Kona did upgrade my frame to the 20" '03 Dawg Primo, not just the front triangle, but a whole new frame, bearings, bushings, swingarm and shock mount hardware. Thanks to Scott for helping me thru all my questions and Kona for the quick and easy replacement.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.