Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
I have all my bikes kinda lined up in our guest bedroom. My cat is all over them all the time. He likes to step on cassettes for some reason. He also rubs his head a lot of gross stuff (like muddy tires and greasy chains)

·
Registered
100 Posts
When my riding partner is sitting on his bike in the driveway, my old cat likes to jump up onto the top tube and sit there with him while we visit.

·
Banned
1,111 Posts
I was thinking of making a sidecar filled with bubble wrap so I can take my cat on bike rides too. She would probably love it... umm probably not.

Do you think a hybrid cat would take to running beside a bike like a dog?

·
I Void Waranties
541 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
""Whoa ...a cat jumping on things. That so cool.""
Better then sitting on a couch and having a burger. :D

""I have all my bikes kinda lined up in our guest bedroom. My cat is all over them all the time. He likes to step on cassettes for some reason. He also rubs his head a lot of gross stuff (like muddy tires and greasy chains)""
maybe he is more of a grease-ball then a fur-ball?

""Yeah ..My cat is an idoit too.""
These cats dont belong to any one suppose they need to get a job and find their own house. No free rides :nono:

""When my riding partner is sitting on his bike in the driveway, my old cat likes to jump up onto the top tube and sit there with him while we visit.""
Post action shots.

""I was thinking of making a sidecar filled with bubble wrap so I can take my cat on bike rides too. She would probably love it... umm probably not.

Do you think a hybrid cat would take to running beside a bike like a dog?""
That might be catastrophic; your running beside the bike thing might work if you have a rat dangling from a string(think donkey and carrot)...but what if she spots a bigger critter?

·
member since '97
171 Posts
My cat regularly had chain grease on him a 20lb tabby/pitbull cross. It was the result of some twisted mad scientist. The little b-tard would also chew my bike parts. Ringle QRs (aluminum!!!!), bar ends, cable housing, tires. I think it had something to do with riding in squirrel country.

The funniest was when he bit a slick tire and punctured it. The sudden hissing had him airborn

I called him a tabby-pitbull cross because he was the first cat I saw that behaved like a dog. And it was 20lbs of solid muscular cat. He also loved to escape outside and fight raccoons (survived 2 fights) I've seen him try to jump through a window to get at one outside (rematch?)

But it was that perpetual grease spot that makes me laugh. No sooner did we wash it off, and then he had a new one.

He probably would run alongside a bike like a dog.

·
I Void Waranties
541 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Good stories...keep em coming.

pics get you bonus points

1 - 9 of 9 Posts