Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
9 lives
15,980 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Parkbus is a bus service that operates from Toronto and Ottawa reaching the best of Ontario parks and destinations with some cross-Canada tours from Halifax and Toronto. Operating in the summer as well, the service has just announced their 2017 winter schedule, with trips to Arrowhead Provincial Park, Albion Hills as well as trips to Horseshoe Valley.

This is the website https://www.parkbus.ca/index for schedule and ticket prices, and bookmark the page for the warmer months, as they offer trips to Algonquin Park, Bruce Peninsula and more.

·
Registered
567 Posts
When you're copy and pasting other peoples work, word-for-word, please consider some transparency and just share the link.

·
9 lives
15,980 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

·
Registered
3,782 Posts
Cool.
Looks like Toronto only, mostly downtown.

Are bikes allowed on the bus?
Due to popular demand, a limited number of bicycles may be allowed on each bus. If you would like to bring a bike, please call 1-800-928-7101 before booking your tickets to make sure the space for bikes is still available.

·
9 lives
15,980 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Cool.
Looks like Toronto only, mostly downtown.

Are bikes allowed on the bus?
Due to popular demand, a limited number of bicycles may be allowed on each bus. If you would like to bring a bike, please call 1-800-928-7101 before booking your tickets to make sure the space for bikes is still available.
Thanks for posting the contact # Slash. I was searching and posting a few other things last evening and couldn't get to that! :)

·
humber river advocate
6,393 Posts
When you're copy and pasting other peoples work, word-for-word, please consider some transparency and just share the link.
before posting you should check your punctuation... after all it is a slippery slope to grammar anarchy.

·
Registered
567 Posts
Normally I use bubbles for direct quotes but there were errors in the sources I was searching and I thought I paraphrased... oh well

That would really be best to cite your sources in the future and clearly indicate when you're copy and pasting.

There's a clear distinction between paraphrasing and plagiarism. In the above example it's hard to believe "you though you paraphrased" have an exact, 57 word match of a colleagues article.

Thank you!

·
humber river advocate
6,393 Posts
That would really be best to cite your sources in the future and clearly indicate when you're copy and pasting.

There's a clear distinction between paraphrasing and plagiarism. In the above example it's hard to believe "you though you paraphrased" have an exact, 57 word match of a colleagues article.

Thank you!
yes everyone should cite their sources on the interwebs... it's a free for all out there on the interwebs. good for you counting the words. there is much work to be done on forums everywhere:rant:

·
Registered
667 Posts
wow...

so after all that... Thanks cyclelicious for the info!:thumbsup: would not have known about it if you hadn't posted, copied & pasted, paraphrased or otherwise. ;)

Ironically the wife 20min ago were talking about $2 shuttle buses she used to take when a kid to the local ski hills, they left at 9am and brought you back at 5pm.

·
****** to the dirt
5,122 Posts
yes everyone should cite their sources on the interwebs... it's a free for all out there on the interwebs. good for you counting the words. there is much work to be done on forums everywhere:rant:
we can't have the wild wild west out here in the Eastern Canadian forum of mtbr, can we now.

·
Registered
567 Posts
Watching.... always watching. I like to wait until all hell breaks loose before nuking from orbit. Hahaha. ;)
Probably getting a bit pedantic but for the record, content was clearly plagiarized. When I brought this up I was brushed off and then given what I would argue was a questionable excuse.

Since this is not the first time I've seen this lack of regard for transparency I politely asked that in future when copying other peoples work to clearly state and link the source.

Please don't hesitate to contact me if you'd like to discuss this further.

·
2,015 Posts
Probably getting a bit pedantic but for the record, content was clearly plagiarized. When I brought this up I was brushed off and then given what I would argue was a questionable excuse.

Since this is not the first time I've seen this lack of regard for transparency I politely asked that in future when copying other peoples work to clearly state and link the source.

Not passing judgement on anyone here. Just watching to make sure everything stays civil.

·
Registered
564 Posts

You have to be kidding me!!? Its not like cyclelicious is making a profit or any personal gain from this posting. All she is doing is passing on some interesting information and the way to make sure that it gets posted correctly is to "copy and paste it".

1 - 15 of 15 Posts