Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
The plough
Joined
·
662 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
SR Suntour Durolux fork

I am not yet sure if it is any good (it will take at least one month to fully evaluate it), but I am blown away by the lightness of it. The fork has 180mm of travel, but it weighs, as measured by myself on a digital gram level scale, just 2.6kg!

I am having some problems adjusting it. Currently, at correct sag it dives like an Olympic champion (or an Italian football player :D ). I am optimistic however, since with two air chambers I am bound to eventually come up with the right combination to suit my frame geometry and weight.

V.
 

·
Elitest thrill junkie
Joined
·
39,548 Posts
vmajor said:
I am having some problems adjusting it. Currently, at correct sag it dives like an Olympic champion (or an Italian football player :D ).
Yeah, but it's rated at 5 stars, so it must be the best.

In any case, the damping system (and what kind it is) is a very critical thing, a fork can be light, heavy, big, small, but if the damping system isn't that good it isn't worth much. I'm always interested to know what kind of damping systems that the forks have and how they perform at high speed, low speed, through real rough choppy stuff, and so on.
 

·
carpe mañana
Joined
·
7,308 Posts
vmajor said:
SR Suntour Durolux fork

I am not yet sure if it is any good (it will take at least one month to fully evaluate it), but I am blown away by the lightness of it. The fork has 180mm of travel, but it weighs, as measured by myself on a digital gram level scale, just 2.6kg!

I am having some problems adjusting it. Currently, at correct sag it dives like an Olympic champion (or an Italian football player :D ). I am optimistic however, since with two air chambers I am bound to eventually come up with the right combination to suit my frame geometry and weight.

V.
I suspect you're bound to a single air pressure, since that "clever" travel adjust system, most likely, is a diaphragm which sits between the positive and the negative which you open when you engage the travel adjust remote.

_MK
 

·
The plough
Joined
·
662 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
Jayem said:
Yeah, but it's rated at 5 stars, so it must be the best.
Eh, its not rated. The stars you see are a default image and are actually "blank". Besides, the rating is for the articles, not the products :)

I played with the pressures some more and will take it to another ride this morning. The main chamber is now at 50psi, while the second chamber (the rebound and compression cartridge) is at the maximum pressure of 180psi.

The travel now seems more progressive, ie. it ramps up somewhat further into travel. I hope this effect is noticeable on the trail.

V.
 
1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top