Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 20 of 58 Posts

·
Registered
2,277 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Let me start this thread by saying I will not be posting the route.

Did everybody here that? I will not be posting the exact route due to the fact that it would be a dissertation.

However, I will tell you that we are going to ride all of the trails around Corn Mill Shoals, Fawn Lake, Julia Lake, Lake Imaging, we will see all the major waterfalls, including Bridal Veil and Wintergreen Falls. We will also hit up the northern section of the park. Does that tell you anything? Well if that didn't let me add, we WILL NOT be using the conservation road or the short cut under the upper falls area. SOWHATYOUTHINKOFTHAT?

Start at Fawn Lake/Reasonover and we will be out for approximately 40 - 50 miles. I will organize a water drop so we don't have to worry about that crappage. You should plan on bringing enough food to make 50 miles.

Let me also add that we will probably picnic and hang out at Fawn Lake afterward for some swimming and what not.

Kristin will be there hiking if anyone would like to join her.

Details:

Where: FAWN LAKE PARKING AREA
WHEN: 6-9-2007 LEAVING AT 8:30 AM ON THE BIKES AT 8:30!

Peace

·
Go Hokies!
85 Posts
sssssssssssshhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!! i have worked long and hard to develop the reputation that i have.

All -

tomato puts to together the best dupont rides, so anyone that wants to learn dupont or experience the entire forest, i am sure it is going to be a great ride. he is not the kind of guy that takes you up all the downs and down all the ups.

Dave

·
Registered
1,732 Posts
You just HAD to do this on the 9th, didn't you? Just 2 days before Mt Mitchell? Aargh. I'd never recover in time, guess I'll have to wait for the next one.
Hope you guys have a great ride.
Lou.

·
Registered
54 Posts
upstateSC-rider said:
You just HAD to do this on the 9th, didn't you? Just 2 days before Mt Mitchell? Aargh. I'd never recover in time, guess I'll have to wait for the next one.
Lou.
Off Road Assault is July 22nd.

·
Registered
2,277 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Maida7 said:
The ON ROAD assault is on the 11th.

Mater, will there be a logical bail out point for the wimps?
M7,

I have been thinking about this. I am always distraught on how to handle two different paces/distances at Dupont.

I would prefer if someone would step up to lead a "smaller ride" for those who would like to do a shorter version. I could write a cue sheet if that said person is not 100% on all the turns.

We could probably even do it where both groups rode together for the first x miles and then broke off.

So who knows the forest and is willing to step up as a leader?

Otherwise M7, Everyone knows that I am willing to take someone as far as they want. I think a good "bail out" option would be to leave a truck at Buck Forest Access.

Those are my thoughts for now, if someone has a better or different idea, let me know.

We can make a better informed decision based on who shows up and how many we have and what not.

·
Registered
2,277 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
upstateSC-rider said:
Lou.
Sorry Lou, I try to cater to the less busy weekends and what not but it doesn't always work out. Good luck on the Assault and we will catch ya next time.

Peace

·
white boy extraordinaire
241 Posts
brado1 said:
Can't you do it on that Sunday the 10th?....man, we'll be on the road homeward bound the 9th, damn you :madman:
DUUUUUUUUUUUUDE! One of my very best friends is getting married this day. If it wasn't my own or one of five other people I'd be there.

Could you PM me the route? I'd really like to do it, I just CANNOT do it this weekend. I'm very jealous and if the invites weren't printed I'd try to talk them into changing the date.

Post lots of pics,

corey:madmax:

·
Registered
2,277 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
WOW,

I never knew everyone was going to be so upset. All these madmen pounding their heads are giving me a headache.

Next time, I will post the pre-ride date discussion first. :cool: Ok, your right, not really.

Sorry for those who can't make it.

CMweldon,

I will post up the route and pictures after the ride as I don't even know what the exact route is yet. I was one of those kids that made a game and the rules up as things progressed. That way I always win.

·
Registered
2,277 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Well if it ends up just being DG and M7 for the non-ambitious crew, we will just ride out all together. I am only worried about breaking up groups if we get a big crowd like last year's thanksgiving ride. We can make that decision on the day.

Thanks for stepping up DG, you are a gentleman and a scholar. I guess you will have to get up early and strap on the lights to get your 170 pre-miles in.

·
pronounced may-duh
4,306 Posts
Wife has given me the green light and Mr. George has my back so I'm officially IN. I'm up for the full 40+ miles or whatever. I just didn't want to hold back the A-list crowd with my B-list skill set.

·
Official Cooler Inspector
2,652 Posts
Just got back from the Doc and dem bones are showing signs of re-joining. Woo hoo - no surgery! This also gained me a sporty fiberglass cast and use of my elbow. Still can't mannualy scratch the 'skeeter bite on my back, but it's a wonderful imporvement.

:)

I would like to register for K's Chick Hike.

·
white boy extraordinaire
241 Posts
extrmtao said:
WOW,

I never knew everyone was going to be so upset. All these madmen pounding their heads are giving me a headache.

Next time, I will post the pre-ride date discussion first. :cool: Ok, your right, not really.

Sorry for those who can't make it.

CMweldon,

I will post up the route and pictures after the ride as I don't even know what the exact route is yet. I was one of those kids that made a game and the rules up as things progressed. That way I always win.
That would be excellent! I plan on doing this ride on 6-5-09. Go ahead and put it in the calendars now and we can debate a change of date up until that point. I have two years to convince someone to lead the ride and I'll lead the 4.5 mile D group.:skep:

cmw

·
paintbucket
2,825 Posts
cmweldon said:
That would be excellent! I plan on doing this ride on 6-5-09. Go ahead and put it in the calendars now and we can debate a change of date up until that point. I have two years to convince someone to lead the ride and I'll lead the 4.5 mile D group.:skep:

cmw
Sweet. I want to pre-ride it this weekend. Can you post the route?

:thumbsup: :D

·
Registered
3,333 Posts
I plan to use my extreme powers of tao to make catsup of all tomatoes on this ride.
Enough of this slow talk, I'm starting some smack talk.
Mike

1 - 20 of 58 Posts