Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
anybody 6'3" 215 riding large frame enduro? I'm riding a xl enduro frame and I am thinking of going to a large frame. It shouldn't be a problem right? Better handling right? Less weight right? Thanks eh! :D

·
Registered
6,762 Posts
It may or may not be....

depends on a lot of factors. Less weight, not that much less, I doubt if you'll loose a pound unless you up grade to the next model. There isn't that much diference in the amount of material that goes into L and XL frames. Better handling, perhaps. Geometry has more to do with handling, but a smaller frame that fits you right can make a difference in how the bike feels. If the XL is actually to big for you it would feel loggy compared to one that does fit correctly.

What you need to do is think about what you don't like about the XL Enduro as far as fit, handling, riding position, etc. Then compare the L Enduro and see if going to the next size down solves the problem(s). The next thing you need to do is RIDE a bike with the L frame. There's no substitute for a test ride! From your limited description I'd say the XL is probably too big for you. I'm 6'5" and ride an XL. At 6'3" you could probably go either way, L or XL depending on your body dimensions. Will it be a problem, only YOU can determine that.

Good Dirt

·
Registered
108 Posts
i think the Enduro's are built alittle bigger than other bikes. I'm 5'10" and ride a medium. I tried a large stumpy that felt fine, but the medium enduro felt better.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts