Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
RideDirt
2,253 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So have any of you guys done a 1x 7,8,9, or 10 yet? If so, how do you feel its been working out for ya and do you feel any regret? I just got my 12 Enduro Comp and the type of riding i am doing i never use the bigger ring ever .

Basically i'm riding 1x10 right now and it all feels good for the uphills and downhills i am doing , but OBV i still have the shifter , derailer, and the ring on there .

Is there any chainguide / bashguard setup you guys would recommend to go with for a 1x10 setup ? My bike is equipped with the latest ISCG tabs .:thumbsup:

·
The Other Dude
3,080 Posts
I ran mine 1x10, and now I have all of my bikes like that, including my epic 29er. I ran it with a 33t gamut up front and an 11-36 cassette on the back with a short cage derailleur, its very sweet. I ran the lg1+ guard and it worked well, but there a bunch of good guide choices out there to choose from now.

·
RideDirt
2,253 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Sweet , yes i have the 11-36 cassette which is the sweet spot for me but i really like my small chainring up front , my bike has the 36/24 setup and i would like to keep the 24 tooth ring. I can keep that ring and attach a guard with it correct? I like e-13 thirteens products as i have their turbo bashguard on my hardtail . What could you recommend i should look into ya think ?

DEF a short cage is going in the rear , esp for the terrain i am riding in lol . im surprised my rear derailer is still alive .

·
Registered
580 Posts
What did you end up with?

So have any of you guys done a 1x 7,8,9, or 10 yet? If so, how do you feel its been working out for ya and do you feel any regret? I just got my 12 Enduro Comp and the type of riding i am doing i never use the bigger ring ever .

Basically i'm riding 1x10 right now and it all feels good for the uphills and downhills i am doing , but OBV i still have the shifter , derailer, and the ring on there .

Is there any chainguide / bashguard setup you guys would recommend to go with for a 1x10 setup ? My bike is equipped with the latest ISCG tabs .:thumbsup:
Curious about your results...I am going to run a 1x10 on my 2011 Enduro comp. I'd post pics, but the parts are on order...

·
Registered
3,282 Posts
just recently built up my '11 frame and use a Straitline Silent Guide. Works perfectly on my 1X9it comes with 3 sets of spacers to line up your chain line. you may have to experiment with the narrower 10sp set up so you get the right spacing.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.