Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
IPAs make me wanna puke.
1,598 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Been off the bike for over two weeks now due to illness and am looking to get back out there. Anyone interested in a mellow ride on Sunday at Skeggs?

·
Registered
529 Posts
I've been through the same sort of thing. It's been 10 days since I last rode, and I think the flu I caught last week was H1N1. I might be up for a mellow Skeggs ride on Sunday it it happens early, say 9am or 9:30.

·
Life is strange
1,991 Posts
I might have friends I can talk into doing a ride out there, if they're not too hung over.
Or if I'm not too hung over for that matter.

·
IPAs make me wanna puke.
1,598 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Need to be done by no later than 2:30, so maybe noon?

·
IPAs make me wanna puke.
1,598 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Lookin' like there's not enough interest for critical mass at a time that works for everyone.

If the weather holds, would anyone want to ride on the day after Christmas?

·
Registered
487 Posts
Hit Skeggs today and the trails are in great shape, just a few mud puddles here and there but otherwise nice tacky goodness. You guys will have a great time.

·
Registered
31 Posts
SVSocrates said:
Lookin' like there's not enough interest for critical mass at a time that works for everyone.

If the weather holds, would anyone want to ride on the day after Christmas?
Im game day after Christmas(for now), its a little to early to commit to it. I can let you know for sure as we get closer to Christmas. Im on vacation from school, so i plan on riding more and meeting all of you!

Ill check this thread tomorrow morning and confirm here if ill be riding skeggs tomorrow.

·
Registered
349 Posts
Actually I now have my new bike. I'm not going to my regular church today. Today is a day for Church of the Dirt only. I'm headed up in a little bit for 8:30 start at main parking lot.

·
Registered
487 Posts
Day after X-Mas sounds good to me too, have to see what the weather does. What's the pace?

·
~~~
2,036 Posts
Hope you guys got out there today. I was the only car out at CM08 a bit after Noon. Just got my stuff Push'd, so I wanted to get an extended test ride in today. The trails were amazing. It looks like it will stay that way for a while, since the forecasts don't show any extended periods of rain for the next week.

I ended up doing N. Leaf -> S. Leaf -> Star Hill -> N. Leaf -> ECDM -> Resolution -> Fir -> Sierra Morena -> Blue Blossom -> Crossover -> Manzanita -> Fir -> Resolution -> ECDM -> N. Leaf

These are all in great shape right now.

·
My spoon is too big!
881 Posts
On Sunday, Daryl and I joined Alan on his inaugural Tallboy ride, from Skegg's Point.

Here's the resulting video. I forgot most of my mounts, so I tried out a rear view setup.

<p><a href="http://vimeo.com/8343184">ECDM 12-20-09</a> from <a href="http://vimeo.com/mbyard">mike b</a> on <a href="http://vimeo.com">Vimeo</a>.</p>

·
Registered
525 Posts
medieval said:
Here's the resulting video. I forgot most of my mounts, so I tried out a rear view setup.
Nice video, I recognized a few of those trails. I like the rear view, very steady mount, the video is smooth.
I got the countour HD, still working on a good mount. One thing for sure, my helmet must move around a lot on my head, helmet mounted shots have a lot of movement.

·
My spoon is too big!
881 Posts
SCuheckler88 said:
what kind mount you using for that video?
Just the GoPro handlebar mount. The cam had to be mounted upside-down to clear the seatpost.

senna said:
Nice video, I recognized a few of those trails. I like the rear view, very steady mount, the video is smooth.
I got the countour HD, still working on a good mount. One thing for sure, my helmet must move around a lot on my head, helmet mounted shots have a lot of movement.
I like seeing how the rear wheel tracks, especially on the really choppy stuff.

For helmet mount, your helmet has to be really snug fitting. It should be difficult to move it around on your head. I've had the best luck while wearing a full face helmet. The extra mass seems to stabilize it some.

·
~~~
2,036 Posts
senna said:
How did that work out for ya? :eek: :D

Seriously, did you do fork and shock, one or the other?:skep:

I want to send my fork and shock in. :thumbsup:
It worked out great! :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

I didn't realize how much I was compensating for a poorly performing fork. I took advantage of PUSH's winter sale and got the fork and shock tuned, and I also ordered a Turner bushing kit.

The rear shock (Vanilla RC) was previously Push'ed with the "Factory Race System" by the original owner, so I sent it in to have it re-valved for my weight. I paid for a "Rebuild". There's a slight improvement now, but not much. As expected, it's just a tad less harsh when it gets really fast and choppy.

The fork, though, is an amazing improvement over the stock set up. I'm, at most, 145 lbs. fully geared up, so stock shock settings don't really work well for me. I just waited until my fork was due for a tune-up. I have an '04 Fox RLT, and I went with the works. I got it tuned for my weight, converted to an RLC, and added the high volume air piston kit. I now get full travel without any diving sensation up front. The bike handles tech rocky sections better now. It also jumps a bit better now, because pre-loading the suspension on take-offs is much more consistent. Before, if I didn't get it just right, I'd end up off balance in the air, or I just wouldn't get as much lift-off as I wanted.

Turn around time for me was 1 week. Their customer service is great, so you should feel free to email or call them with specific questions if you have any.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts