Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Give'r or go home!!
113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I wouldn't mind getting a simple and light single speed for around town and dicking around on. Fully rigid would be fine, or a basic fork. I have a Brodie Evolution freeride hardtail frame and a bomber (2001) MCR QR20 fork in the spare parts bin. Do you think anyone would want to trade for a complete bike, or should I wait and build these parts into a SS? Also, What do I need? Are there SS specific cranks? SHould I just move the stuff from my heckler onto the SS as I upgrade the HEckler? I don't want to be the hardcore SS that hangs here, I just want to dabble for fun. What's the best way to "get in"

·
Give'r or go home!!
113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
That simple eh?

DMR For Life said:
use your existing rings, get a conversion kit from your LBS use your derailluer as a tensioner and off you ride
DMR
Ok - Sounds easy enough. I'm missing wheels, bar, stem, cranks, and rings. I guess I'll gradually migrate this stuff over from my other bike as I have the budget to upgrade. Thanks.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.