Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'd been itching to go for a ride, but it's been a little chilly here in tampa. Instead, I've been sleeping late. Yesterday I had enough of my whining and pulled my ass out of bed.

I'm sick of complaints about the cold. I see Floridians look for excuses to get dolled up in their winder gear when the temps drops below 70 and I roll my eyes. :rolleyes: I hear concern about the "Feel Like Temp" dropping to 50 and I scoff! :smallviolin: Good lord I'm from the midwest - cold is a meaningless concept made for the weak!!

I started riding and as as my eyes watered and it turned to ice I cursed myself for living in Florida too long and allowing myself to become weak. As I loaded my gear back into my truck I realized i had once again learned valuable lessons from the back of my trusted Fargo.

Checking the weather before you ride might be a good idea
It can get to 22 degrees in Florida
Dive gloves aren't good bike gloves when it's 22 degrees
Bike Sandals (even with socks) aren't the best choice for cold weather riding
Leggings in Florida might not be a ridiculous idea
Shrinkage doesn't just happen in the pool
A hot shower after a cold ride is a thing of wonder
A short ride in freezing temps while cursing the gods from the back of the Fargo can still be best part of the day.:thumbsup:

·
Harmonius Wrench
8,254 Posts
Thanks for that post. I liked the "Shrinkage doesn't just happen in a pool".

Priceless!

I was talking with my 9 year old daughter the other day about why it was going to feel like a heatwave the next time we get to 20 degrees here! :D

Keep on Fargo-ing! :thumbsup:

·
Space Ghost
962 Posts
Grizzed, I feel ya' 26 this a.m. in Valrico. Didn't seem to bother my dog for our committed daily run (my ride, his run). At least it was 5:00 a.m. and hadn't gotten to the 24 degree low yet. As a former Massachusetts resident, I too curse my now thinner "blood". As a side note, I am a big fan of the Radiant gloves by the big S (for really cold days).

·
Enjoyin' life....
293 Posts
Fargo delivered today! Woodchippers on tomorrow. Temps climbing from a balmy 16 today to mid 30's Wednesday! Given we had single digits since about Christmas with stupid wind chills in the minus teens and twenties...I'm riding on Wednesday.
We do have that "salt/ice melt" slurry on the road though so I have to be careful where I go. We have 17 inches of accumulated snow too so have to be careful running around off road as well but I'll figure it out.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.