Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 108 Posts

·
Fireball in the Night
1,624 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I didn't bring my lights on a late afternoon ride. I should know better. I get out there and I don't want to go home. Nearly cleaned out two equestriennes on a flat shared use dirt trail -- with the only escape option being a barbed wire fence. They were nice, I was nice. It was a nice near miss about 85 minutes after sunset.

So : Bring your lights on late afternoon rides. You never know when a short "Hello" to a stranger on a trail becomes an hourlong conversation with a new friend.

If your woman can't handle you being dirty around the house, she's not going to be able to handle you and three kids being dirty around the house.

When selling a bike and the buyer says, "Don't worry about the money". It's time to worry about the money --- 'cause there isn't any.

Okay now, it's your turn...

·
govt kontrakt projkt mgr
6,171 Posts
I know it sux the hoops razorbacks have to go into Gainesville tomorrow and play a hoops game what all with gatorjaw land being swollen up with pride after that ass whupping and worse they laid on ohio State tonight out in Phoenix.

I know the trails will dry up soon and warm weather will return and eventually I'll hop aboard the bikes again.

·
Fireball in the Night
1,624 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
When they say "If you don't use it, you lose it" They're talking about stamina.

Make sure and save one night a month for a night out with the boys. And, don't waste it on the boys.

You don't have to floss all of your teeth. Just the ones that you want to keep.

One day of playing hookey = one week of scheduled vacation

·
Fireball in the Night
1,624 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Is that the best you can do? Surely the Army and TX have more to offer than PrivateSlow over there. Sorry, dude, but every time I read your posts, I hear Gunnery Sergeant Hartman yelling "What is your major malfunction!?"

Pain is weakness escaping your body.

It's important to check the brakes on fast women.

You wouldn't ride a roller-coaster without the safety harness, so why do it in a car? Buckle-up.

If you think you can, or think you cannot, you are almost always correct.

·
Registered
318 Posts
I like this thread,

I wish there was more replies. Ummm,lets see.

I know my Boy Ben at Pittsburg is a Pumpkin Head now after
sticking his head through that Winshield. DiedHard Fan I am.

I know that SingleSpeed Bikes are the most Beautiful Bikes
of them All! Unreal the Bikes I have seen on this Site. Just Hang
Um on the Wall for God Sakes,your Killing me!

I had more,but that's it.

MTK

·
Registered
624 Posts
Is that the best you can do? Surely the Army and TX have more to offer than PrivateSlow over there. Sorry, dude, but every time I read your posts, I hear Gunnery Sergeant Hartman yelling "What is your major malfunction!?"
:thumbsup: :p ROTFLMAO

·
govt kontrakt projkt mgr
6,171 Posts
Actually it's Commissioned Officer and I never let any Sergeant forget his or her place and appropriate level of authority.

And your instigating actions indicate it is you that functions at a level of inferior intelligence.

You bore me. But you have attracted others of similar ilk to this thread.

OK I've been entertained enough with your banter. You and similar life forms can waste your time replying now.:D

Rex_Skidmore said:

Pain is weakness escaping your body.

It's important to check the brakes on fast women.

You wouldn't ride a roller-coaster without the safety harness, so why do it in a car? Buckle-up.

If you think you can, or think you cannot, you are almost always correct.

·
MTBR member since 1998
185 Posts
If you think your goggle lenses are too dark for night skiing, they are. Buy new ones before you get to the mountain, and save $20.

The brake pads that "should make it through this ride" will not.

A shifter/brake cable that "will loosen up when I start riding" will not.

The cost of gas is minor compared to the worry caused by wondering if there is enough gas in your truck for the shuttle run.

The worry caused by wondering if there is enough gas in your truck for the shuttle run.
will be nothing compared to the shame you feel and the razing you get if you do indeed run out mid-mountain.

A beer is indeed fair payment for a tube offered mid-ride.

The odds of Canada Post loosing you package is directly proportional to the value/importance of the item being sent.

If you want to loose the tacky souvenirs your O/H bought while on holidays, fly Air Canada and check it with your baggage.

And yes, eventually the snow will melt and Vancouver trails will again be OK to ride.

Tim...maybe he should buy a ski bike.

·
Registered
156 Posts
I think anyone talks on their cellphone (sans headset) while driving is an idiot.
I think anyone who fails to use their blinker is an idiot.
I think 75% of the people who do the latter are also doing the former at the same time.

·
Fireball in the Night
1,624 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 · (Edited)
Courtesy may not always be returned, but discourtesy will.

Have lunch 2x each week with a different co-worker, just one-on-one. You'll gain insight while building allies for that job and future jobs as well. The bike world equivalent : Once a week, visit a bike shop you've never seen.

Cyclists don't care how much you know until they know how much you care.

·
Registered
1,278 Posts
I know that if I carry tools, tubes, gu, food, extra clothing, lots of water etc. I probably won't need it. It's the one time I don't that I will.

I know that more time spent wrenching in the garage = less time spent wrenching on the trail.

·
Registered
2,797 Posts
I know that I'm the only person responsible for me, under any and all circumstances.

I know that it's best to not date a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body, especially if she has brothers named Manny or Cheech.

I know that you should never sober up awake.

I know that nothing exceeds like excess.

·
Nature Rider, Not MTBer
2,695 Posts
When planning a ride, I know that I'm forgetting just how hard the climbs are and am planning something that will leave me exhausted and take more time than I've got to spare. I do it anyway.

·
Registered
109 Posts
That little bolt/washer/nut or whatever, that has been in your seatpack for years will only be needed the very next ride after you had a clear out.

You own 3 chain tools. The only time you have ever needed one, they are all back home. ( Brand new Trek 1000, 1st time out, a chain sideplate separated).

You always remember the thing you have forgotten the moment you reach your destination.

Someone will, no matter what you spend, have a nicer bike than you.

·
Out there
2,298 Posts
I know that some people ride better than me and some people ride worse.

I know I can ride better.

I know that stuff I am scared of now I will one day sail through.

and most importantly:

I know that most of the stuff I am scared of I could do now.

I know that some of the stuff I am scared of I could not do now.

I just do not know which.

·
Registered
318 Posts
Laughing my

ass off. Keep um coming please.

I know I always order Way too many Oysters for my Oyster Party.
I also know there is nothing Worse than running out of Oysters
at a Oyster Party.

MTK {just had his Party,400 Oysters From Shelton,WA. God Bless Ya
Shelton, and FedE of course}

1 - 20 of 108 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.