Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Beer is my spirit animal
639 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sorry if this has been posted ad nauseum, just got it today and laughed. And then laughed some more.

·
Registered
1,009 Posts
The roadie one made me cringe-and I ride on the road most of the time. I've mentioned trying to lose weight, but unlike the cyclists in the video, I actually have excess weight to lose. ;)

I've been out of the mtb scene since 1997, so a lot must have changed since then. I'm just getting back into it. Since I'm unfamiliar with current mtb slang, the most cringe-worthy part of the mtb video was the guy manhandling his bike and finally throwing it off the bridge.

·
Trailhead Poseur
506 Posts
The mountain biker version is missing one thing: "clipless are so much better"/"flat pedals are the way to go", maybe the latter being said by a guy standing over another rider who is laying on their side, still clipped in...

·
Registered
246 Posts
The mountain biker version is missing one thing: "clipless are so much better"/"flat pedals are the way to go", maybe the latter being said by a guy standing over another rider who is laying on their side, still clipped in...

That or a guy with platforms pushing his bike up a hill while the clipless guy waits for him at the top of it :p

·
Content from my avatar
4,355 Posts
One thing.... Clipless does make it a lot easier to ride upside-down.

·
Registered
1,009 Posts
Hahaha, I can relate! That's exactly what I looked like 22 years ago when I last used clipless pedals on a mountain bike and tried to ride some technical stuff down by the river. I wish someone had that on video! :D

·
Beer is my spirit animal
639 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
One thing.... Clipless does make it a lot easier to ride upside-down.

One more reason to go with the new system you proposed, erik. No pedals, no problems.

·
Registered
427 Posts
**** CYCLISTS SAY! (Aussie version..)

1 - 20 of 20 Posts