Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, there's a Rune down!

Woke up this morning, went to take the rubbish out and there was the garage door swinging in the wind; and the Rune gone!

Told Police, insurance etc, but if anyone hear's a Rune with black Lyrics, gold hope hubs etc, then please do flag it. There can't be many here in the UK, so it should stick out like a sore thumb.

Feeling gutted,

Cheers.

David

·
Registered
222 Posts
I would be gutted if my rune got stolen! I hope that bastard gets caught.

Spread around your Rune's serial number. At least that way even if that thief chops your bike, the frame is still known to potential honest buyers. Hope you get her back.

·
Registered
174 Posts
Bug74 said:
Well, there's a Rune down!

Woke up this morning, went to take the rubbish out and there was the garage door swinging in the wind; and the Rune gone!

Told Police, insurance etc, but if anyone hear's a Rune with black Lyrics, gold hope hubs etc, then please do flag it. There can't be many here in the UK, so it should stick out like a sore thumb.

Feeling gutted,

Cheers.

David
Do you still have your receipt?
I'll give you a crash replacement cost on a freshie.
My Legend was stolen a few months back so I feel your pain

·
Registered
65 Posts
TerrorFirma said:
Do you still have your receipt?
I'll give you a crash replacement cost on a freshie.
My Legend was stolen a few months back so I feel your pain
nice work terrorfirma

its commitment , service and going the extra mile keeps me stoked on my banshee.
i have had a bike stolen from the back of my car while working and feel the pain of some prick cashing in on my hard work ,i hope they get caught and get a flogging for their effort.

TF the wildcard was heaps of fun but i am now loving the scythe even more,if i the wife would let me, i would swap over all my frames (AM,DJ) to the banshee product.

·
Registered
411 Posts
:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

That is not only standing behind your product, this is standing behind your customer !!!

:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
TF, that's amazing. Really wasn't expecting that! I have got the receipt, but will have to wait to hear what the insurance bods says!

Want to know the worst thing? I've treated myself to the new bike and a holiday this year! I'm off on holiday on Saturday... without my bike!!

Luckily a friend is letting me borrow his old 5Spot... It's not my Rune... buy it could be worse!!!

Cheers for support guys!

·
Registered
2,310 Posts
I f#*$ing hate thieving scumbags!

I've had 3 bikes stolen over the years (including one taken by force with a steak knife held to my throat... welcome to Glasgow), so totally feel your pain!

I realise that most stolen bikes get broken down into parts, but just in case...where abouts in the UK are you? If I know anyone local I will have them keep an eye out. I have biking mates spread all over the country who would know what to look for.

Could you also post up a picture of the bike if you have one?

We will always step in to help out our customers if something like this happens, it is just a natural reaction.

I hope that you have a great holiday mate, just don't think about the theft, and instead enjoy the holiday and think about how great it is to have friends who lend you a bike at zero notice to take with you!

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Cheers

Here's an image of my bike. It's from the Freeborn site.

Thanks for the support guys.

Bike stolen from SW London. Easy to recognise with the gold bits.... if it stays in once piece.

I'll get the frame number up once I've spoken to Jim at Freeborn.

As for the various friends who have offered me parts of, or whole bikes (and the responses from the Banshee team); they've made the anger lessen. Thanks.

·
Registered
2,310 Posts
Ah, I know that bike.

Ok I have a few mates in south west london, as I lived in Chiswick all last year. I'll tell them to keep their eyes pealed. I'll be on the look out north of the border up here in scotland just incase things get moved around.

Sombody told me about these little stick on tracker things you can get that are pretty affordable and accurate apparently. I am tempted to get some and insert them inside the head tube or deep down the seattube of my bike. So that if any get stolen I can track them and then go round with my mates Irish Mike and Beast... yeah, trust me you wouldn't mess!

Fingers crossed for you mate!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts