Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Glue Sniffer
553 Posts
I dig it.

Then again, I'm a chick.

Of course, I'm kinda butch too.

So, assuming I'm 30% dude, and 70% dainty dainty princess, I think we can accurately say that at least a third of the male population will dig it (naturally, the rest are a bunch of sissies).

·
local trails rider
12,300 Posts
It adds character.
Now it is not just any leg :D

·
Des(s)ert Rat
4,961 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
You are funny!

How goes the childbuilding? When will the little one make the grand entrance?

The story behind the scar goes something like: My son, "Wanna try this bike?"

Me, "Sure!"

My son, "See if you can bunny hop it!"

Me, "I don't know, I'm no good on flats."

My son, "Aw, C'mon!"

For more fun, the guys on the Passion page are slightly confused about my gender http://forums.mtbr.com/showthread.php?t=474207

·
Glue Sniffer
553 Posts
screampint said:
You are funny!

How goes the childbuilding? When will the little one make the grand entrance?
Good question and a good time for me to go ahead and start a new thread.

Oh, and I should be spawning at the end of March. Which, when I put the dates together, I looked at my man-stallion and said, "You think two weeks would give me time to heal up before Fruita Fat Tire festival?"

He told me I was insane.

He might be right.

·
I just wanna ride my bike
845 Posts
My fella takes me as I am: a bubbly blond with scarred arms and legs :thumbsup:

Scars just add personality to my curves and bony bits :D

·
Registered
1,837 Posts
I have one just like that on the front of my right shin - but it's from a tree stump.

I was at the gym the other day and a friend of mine spotted me doing leg presses from across the gym. He said he wasn't sure it was me at first, but then he spotted the scars on my shins and figured it couldn't be anyone else.

That made me laugh.

Anyway - don't give up on the flat pedals. You just need to wear shin guards when you're using them! :)

·
chainpain
88 Posts
read some social psych about the issue.

Women are attracted to men with scars when it is about a sexual relationship or something short-term.

For long-term relationships, scars are negative.

For women, no matter what type of relationship, scars is something pointing in the negative direction.

....hey, don't shoot the messenger.

·
Registered
1,837 Posts
chainsuck said:
read some social psych about the issue.

Women are attracted to men with scars when it is about a sexual relationship or something short-term.

For long-term relationships, scars are negative.

For women, no matter what type of relationship, scars is something pointing in the negative direction.

....hey, don't shoot the messenger.
Yeah... ask my husband if he'd trade the years of great times we've had out riding trails together to get rid of a few scars on my legs.

:rolleyes:

I'm pretty sure most mountain bikers consider scars to be something of a badge of honor representing their passion for the sport. Which is a little different that the average person's thoughts on scars - and therefore I doubt most mountain bikers would agree with the results of your study.

·
Registered
549 Posts
Remember Mel Gibson/Rene Russo comparing scars in one of the Lethal Weapon movies? Maybe I'm strange but that's one of my most favorite "romantic" scenes in a movie - heck, it sure beats Patrick Swayze/Demi Moore playing with clay....

·
i call it a kaiser blade
744 Posts
someone went crazy with steri-strips.

·
Registered
320 Posts
here is my new scar from this summer:)

I think scars tell stories. There is a long story with this one. Still trying to heal up from this July 4th incident.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,837 Posts
emptybe_er said:
Remember Mel Gibson/Rene Russo comparing scars in one of the Lethal Weapon movies? Maybe I'm strange but that's one of my most favorite "romantic" scenes in a movie - heck, it sure beats Patrick Swayze/Demi Moore playing with clay....
Oh yeah - I totally agree. Maybe it's a smaller subset of the population who is attracted to that type of thing, but it's certainly there.

·
plasma donor
754 Posts
screampint said:
What about guys? The results from my attempt at BMX:

Before and after. I think I will stick to clipless pedals if I decide to take it seriously. <!-- / message --> <!-- attachments -->
Nice. :thumbsup: I did the same a few weeks ago. And a few months ago. And a few years ago. It beats spinning on a climb, and not kicking out in time. In front of an audience. And falling over at a dead stop. If I must repeat one or the other... let it bleed.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts