Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I work for GlobalMotion Media, Inc, a Palo Alto startup dedicated to GPS-powered travel blogging, or in somewhat more widely understood terms, telling stories with maps. Our main website, www.everytrail.com, and our mobile phone apps are free, so having declared myself an employee and not offering anything for sale, I hope I am living within the letter and the spirit of MTBR's rules and regulations.

About a week ago, we introduced a new cyclocomputer for the iPhone 3G. Unlike most bike computers, this one is a gps-logger, so through the cellular or WiFi networks, your route is uploaded to and can be shared from our website, www.everytrail.com. The computer itself is a simple single screen design, showing key statistics in large, easy to read font. Like any consumer device, it won't satisfy everyone. We designed it to be beautiful, easy to use, to have the bare minimum of functionality, to get people interested in the idea and to solicit user feedback about the requirements for a more fully featured version.

EveryTrail is a travel blogging site, offering the world's best integration of maps, photos and stories, for example http://www.everytrail.com/view_trip.php?trip_id=74576 This phone application doesn't take advantage of the iPhone's camera, but our site allows you to upload other photographs and it automatically places them along the track where you've taken them; the geotagging is done by us on the site, not by you with your gear. If you want this feature integrated into the phone, then for now you'll have to use another iPhone app, called EveryTrail; ET will soon be available for Android and Blackberry, too.

We look forward to your feedback about this.

Dan

Attachments

·
Registered
290 Posts
That looks really cool! I am considering an iPhone, and if I go ahead and get one, I will be downloading this app for sure! Just FYI, this section of the forums doesn't get a lot of traffic. You might x-post in the general discussion forum or the computer forum.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the suggestion. We posted the same content at computers, GPS and HRM. Maybe that will get more traffic.

Hope you like it, and do let us know.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.