Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Dude...
1,309 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, Montana is three times bigger than all the other states combined.. (Colorado is two.. just sayin..)

January

February

March

April

May

June

July

August

September

October

November

December

I forgot to post this one in my other thread, so here's two January bonuses.. These rocks have so much mica in them they look wet all the time.. so I thought they deserved a coupla shots..

·
Dude...
1,309 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
ewarnerusa said:
MT is June! Bridger Ridge, been there a zillion times. Always in winter, though
Nice one, I've spent a lot more time there in the winter too. We rode/hiked from South Cottonwood to the "M".. Then went home and downed antiinflammatorys like they were candy...

·
Turner Homer
1,227 Posts
Actually the streak of light that you see in this photo, is the helmit lights on the riders heads. The way this is done is by setting the camera to bulb. It is a very cool effect, and I have done it myself. Also that is a very good summary of 06 in pictures.
Dave

·
Dude...
1,309 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
yeah, it works well for stuff like this..

If you were referring to the left side of the photo then yes, those are branches.. You'll also notice I'm not wearing gloves, I had to use them as a camera rest.. This was taken before I fell through the ice, but that's another story altogether. April was a good month, first time the sun was really out in force that year..

·
Dude...
1,309 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
aword4you said:
I really dig the fall colors in October. I also like the b/w image with the rider in color for May. Was that done with layers?

Great shots!
Thanks, the fall colors were pretty sweet this year... Distracting to ride with all those bright reds and yellows everywhere.

Yeah, I created an adjustment layer, desaturated it, then carefully erased the rider. I bet there are a million other ways to do it too..

In hindsight, I probably could of tweaked the black and white a bit to bring out the contrasting colors in the original..

·
amar la vida de dos niner
2,682 Posts
Yes, by "branches," I meant...

"branches." ;)

I like the way they glow in the shot, and assumed it was from the flash. But I had never seen that effect before.

Thanks for posting your pics!

·
Dude...
1,309 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Jan Feb and May: Acadia, RI
March, April, Nov, and Dec: UConn trails Storrs, CT
June: Bridger Ridge, Bozeman MT
July: Case Mountain, CT
August: Arcadia NP, ME
Sep: Pawtuckaway, NH
Oct: West Hartford, CT

thanks for looking y'all, riding around here isn't that bad eh?

·
Registered
2,671 Posts
Jessep said:
Nice one, I've spent a lot more time there in the winter too. We rode/hiked from South Cottonwood to the "M".. Then went home and downed antiinflammatorys like they were candy...
so do you go to school in Bozeman or just passing through? I recognize the name in your webpage link jesseparker . are you previously known as Jparker on here?

·
beer thief
4,931 Posts
Jessep said:
Jan Feb and May: Acadia, RI
....August: Arcadia NP, ME

thanks for looking y'all, riding around here isn't that bad eh?
Hehehe, you're starting to talk like a Mainah; the place in RI is Arcadia, while the national pahk is Acadia.

New England really does have it all. If you can ride here, you can ride anywhere.

Nice pics Jesse. Come on up to the Whites this year, OK?

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.