Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
This place needs an enema
17,236 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
wow. that is awesome. I want to ride up the walls skatepark style and huck out of them.
I can see why you'd feel that way.

That said, once loaded down with boat/paddle/pfd, tent, sleeping bag, food, etc... your eyes (or at least mine) tend to see things differently. More contemplative and appreciative, less rad.

·
fat guy on a little bike
956 Posts
That said, once loaded down with boat/paddle/pfd, tent, sleeping bag, food, etc... your eyes (or at least mine) tend to see things differently. More contemplative and appreciative, less rad.
yeah, coming from a guy that dragged camping gear on his motorcycle all the way to Alaska and back (11,600 miles) and didn't use it at all, you can see where my priorities lie... :cool:

still, awesome descriptive post and pics, as usual. :thumbsup:

·
Professional Crastinator
6,635 Posts
I tend to try to avoid the "canned" experiences, but sometimes it's unavoidable. That looked great!

How much of that trip was really rideable? It looks like there might've been a lot of short dismounts and short ride sections.

And lastly, how FAT is that frame bag...between your feet/legs? Looks well-stocked.
Tire Wheel Automotive tire Rim Spoke

Thanks,
-F

·
17,236 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I tend to try to avoid the "canned" experiences, but sometimes it's unavoidable. That looked great!

How much of that trip was really rideable? It looks like there might've been a lot of short dismounts and short ride sections.

And lastly, how FAT is that frame bag...between your feet/legs? Looks well-stocked.
View attachment 1247432
99% rideable. Just short bits to walk down/through boulder piles or pinches.

Framebag has a fat tube, 6L dromedary fulla water, and a buncha snacks in it. Pretty wide. Never rubbed knees on it tho.

·
Registered
643 Posts
Agree with everything that was said in the link. Give something a designation like "monument" etc, then people come. Crowds of people ruin everything. It's already happening in Bear's Ears. People are coming now that otherwise wouldn't know much about it.

·
beer thief
4,931 Posts
Top notch, as always. I just returned from almost a month in the SW but did not get up your way. I would like to put some of this type of desert exploration on my agenda for a future trip, though. This year we were filling in gaps of places we had never been, and it was all universally great.

Your loads look relatively light considering the addition of pack rafts & water gear!

·
17,236 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
This year we were filling in gaps of places we had never been, and it was all universally great.
That more or less describes my focus these days. Way less interested in duplicating stuff, largely because the good stuff is known and crowded. Way more enjoyable and satisfying to sniff out new stuff.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.