Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Te mortuo heres tibi sim?
8,847 Posts
mmmmmm, nice. can't wait for more high up stuff!
by the time my next long stretch off happens, a few more spots will be just that little bit drier.......

·
contains quinine
4,639 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
billybobzia said:
so you must be a big uncle tupelo fan, did you notice son volt in playing the fox in june?
I did notice... I've alligned more with the Wilco side of things, and I've heard reports about the varying quality of Farrar's shows... That said, Sol Volt's first two albums are darned good, and I'm interested, but would want to hear more good stuff first...

·
a dad
2,927 Posts
its kind of interesting how people have sort of chosen one side or the other...personally i always leaned toward the son volt side but recently have been really appreciating the wilco side more and more....

·
Witty McWitterson
5,023 Posts
I dunno about that for me. I've found that depending on my mood, I can take either Son Volt/Farrar or Wilco just as happily. Admitidly though, I do like Wilco more frequently, followed by early Son Volt and then UT. But that's all personal taste ain't it? Road tippin' is great with both loaded up!

·
Drinker w/ Riding Problem
5,326 Posts
Signs of Spring

well the first one i love to see - greets us like an old friend!

the second one even though the roads closed the trails are still open

the third yeah well that sucks Trail out of commission till repaired! bummer!

Attachments

·
contains quinine
4,639 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Wilco was first for me. Then UT, then Son Volt. (in preference and order of discovery).

I was listening to a UT concert on disc on the way back from my Fruita trip 2 weeks ago and that line struck me as apt: Every ride we kept looking for the long way back to stretch out the riding as much as possible.

·
contains quinine
4,639 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
OT - About Wilco's summer tour from Pitchfork:

"Finally, things come to an end at Kansas' Wakarusa Festival, a mostly jam-oriented oriented, a la Bonnaroo. Interestingly, Jeff Tweedy's former Uncle Tupelo bandmate, Jay Farrar, will also be at the festival with his band, Son Volt. We ain't sayin' nothin' about a reunion... but this would be the time and the place. Be there."

·
a dad
2,927 Posts
Debaser said:
OT - About Wilco's summer tour from Pitchfork:

"Finally, things come to an end at Kansas' Wakarusa Festival, a mostly jam-oriented oriented, a la Bonnaroo. Interestingly, Jeff Tweedy's former Uncle Tupelo bandmate, Jay Farrar, will also be at the festival with his band, Son Volt. We ain't sayin' nothin' about a reunion... but this would be the time and the place. Be there."
that would be pretty sweet...any idea if they are on good terms??

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.