Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
just a guy with a bike
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This past summer I raced the length of the Great Divide from Canada to Mexico on a single speed mountain bike. A short form of that story appeared this fall in Dirt Rag and I was originally thinking the big story would be a book. Well the big story is done and rather than make it a paper book, I've decided to tell the whole story on the web. You can read the whole thing and see pictures here:

http://www.mile43.com/peterson/Turtle/MountainTurtle.html

Keep 'em rolling,

Kent Peterson
Issaquah WA USA
http://kentsbike.blogspot.com/

·
Registered
316 Posts
Thanks, Kent. I read the article in Dirt Rag several months ago and have anxiously been awaiting your book. I first learned of the GD trail years ago when Stamstad time-trialed it. I bought the trail book from M. McCoy and have been hoping to get there someday. It was great to look through your photos and I'm sure reading the text will be even better. Thanks for your hard work and dedication.

·
Registered
397 Posts
wow.
I read your story in Dirt Rag, and then have re-read it a few times.
I was waiting for the book to purchase but will just read it on the
web now.
The Dirt Rag story was amazing and inspiring. Thanks for
sharing your experiences.

·
Registered
1,163 Posts
Damn dude, nice job! I did the route back in 2000 with twenty seven gears over 60 days and the thing worked me. Congrats. Everyone of those pics brought back a flood of memories. Keep on spinnin'.

Mike

·
Registered
1,163 Posts
Just noticed you got shut down at Pietown. Bummer. We found someone that knew the owner and they actually got the owner down to open the place up. There were 7 of us by that time and we went thru 5 whole pies.

·
Registered
193 Posts
Kent, thanks for the photos, story and memories! We hope you have many great adventures in the coming year. Merry Christmas.

Gary and Patti

1 - 9 of 9 Posts