Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
257 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
.....seen one? ridden one? are they any good? never seen one here in the U.K. and think my MC collection has room for one.
how rare are they as i dont think they were in production for very long?

·
Registered
257 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
ozbmx said:
never ridden one. But Cambria bikes still has some virtue frames for sale. Check it out.
Josh
thats a very good price for the frame even shipping here to the U.K. is not bad. shame the only size frame they have is too big. never mind will keep looking,one day......maybe!

·
Registered
12 Posts
I have a Virtue. Bought it this spring from Cambria. At that time all that was listed on their website were the 59cm frames, but some of their shops had 56cm frames available. I remember that the Cambria store in San Luis Obispo had 2 56cm frames hanging on the wall. So, It may be worth giving them a call. If I remember correctly they were priced at $399.00.

As far as the bike it seems OK. Resonably light. Plenty stiff. The only problem has been the paint. There are a couple of spots where I could see flaws in the finish and I could actually pick the paint off with my finger nail. These spots were pretty small, maybe 3mm in diameter or so. Could be just my bike, who knows. It certainly doesn't effect the ride.

·
Registered
257 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
philipb said:
I have a Virtue. Bought it this spring from Cambria. At that time all that was listed on their website were the 59cm frames, but some of their shops had 56cm frames available. I remember that the Cambria store in San Luis Obispo had 2 56cm frames hanging on the wall. So, It may be worth giving them a call. If I remember correctly they were priced at $399.00.

As far as the bike it seems OK. Resonably light. Plenty stiff. The only problem has been the paint. There are a couple of spots where I could see flaws in the finish and I could actually pick the paint off with my finger nail. These spots were pretty small, maybe 3mm in diameter or so. Could be just my bike, who knows. It certainly doesn't effect the ride.
i found the Cambria site but the 56cm frames would be too big 53cm would be the size for me. also as i am in the U.K. i have to think of import duties and other costs.
a Belgian shop has some in the correct size but the Euro/G.B.Pound exchange rate makes them too expensive!
i would have to buy all the parts to put on the frame as well,at this time i think i have enough bikes to keep me happy.
thanks for the replys,Richard

·
Mountain Cycle Member
134 Posts
Keep that Belgian Shop in mind, and theck it out from time to time, they may lower the prices even more.

·
Registered
257 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
cHoc Nr1 said:
Keep that Belgian Shop in mind, and theck it out from time to time, they may lower the prices even more.
good point that. as they are in the EU like we are here in England i would not have to pay custom charges so may work out a better deal than going to the U.S.A. shops?

·
Dude, got any schwag?
848 Posts
Not a mis-print, they just never made any beyond the first batch. All 5 sizes were designed for '04 along-side the Stumptown, but the 50 & 61 Virtue sizes were held back by management until demand showed viability.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Fewer than 50 produced for '04, none at all produced for '05.

True dat.
Is that really true? holy wow. I picked up a virtue frame on ebay this spring, and that's actually why I'm here, to post a built pic in the for sale thread, but I'm short on posts. The paint and pinstriping are NOT the best, but the price was right.

Yes, I know I'm bumping a thread from half a decade ago. Deal with it. :thumbsup:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.