Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
4,014 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Finally at that stage where I know what i'm getting for my first 29er. A Misfit Psycles Dissent. :thumbsup: I know the size and optons, too, but colour ..... yeah, colour. :skep:

Peter sells these frames in either a natural aluminum, appropriately dubbed Raw, and also flat black. My plans are to simply re-use many of the parts I currently have, including many red anodized bits and a splash of carbon here-n-there, and build it up all nice-n-purdy like. :)

So, what do I get and why? Have pics? Post up! :thumbsup:

I'll include a couple for those that haven't seen them. The pics are from the Misfit site. The one in black is a loaner Peter let me try for a night at last year's 24H race (no, I didn't race it, I ran my NRS ..... behind the tree).

Right now i'm leaning towards the Raw finish. The Bastard is raw and I kinda like the colour combo, but i've seen a few black/red bikes done up really nice, too.

Help?

PATIA!

Oh, sorry, obviously NOT meant to be spam for Peter in any way. I'm just really actually vain enough to actually post this. (shrug)

Attachments

·
Registered
660 Posts
I think the raw finish will look great with red bits. I understand your pain as I could not believe how much trouble I was having picking the color of my Curtlo.

·
Registered
4,014 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
EDDIE JONES said:
go raw, which is the way my butt cheeks get after a long ride!
TMI! TMI!!!!!!!!!! :incazzato: :madman:

Geez, even i'm not that bad. :nono: (hmmm, maybe THAT'S my problem?!?!?! :lol: )

·
In FTF We Trust
1,815 Posts
'Nother vote for raw, the world's full of black bikes.

·
OMR - Old Man Riding
429 Posts
Black

As Rainman points out... so easy to touch up... and the contrast is better betwen black & red over raw and red. Red just stands out better against the black....mo purdy..

JMHO...

OMR...:cool:

·
Registered
4,014 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
nogearshere said:
Pink Anno.
or
I hear there is a TransRockies paint coming out for August...only on eway to get that one...
Hey, you said you wanted to keep that nookie stuff under wraps. :eekster: :p :D

Now why, OH WHY, are you suddenly talking about a TR paint job???????????????? :skep: Uhhhh, didn't you already have a partner for that? 'Sup wid dat? :confused:

Pink anodized? Uhhhh, NO! Actually, that doesn't quite cut it. (ahem) **** NO!!!!!!!! Actually, I was toying with the idea of anodizing the frame, but I like the current options better. Besides, i've got enough on my plate - not sure I wanna tackle anodizing too.

Speaking of frame colour - too any that may be intrested I have come to a decision. Of course, in keeping with my usual fervor for suspense ..... you'll have to wait untill it's in my hands, lovingly molested into a complete build and taken on it's first ride to find out what I picked. Depending on scheduling should hopefully be in ..... let's say 2 weeks. (I hope)

·
Misfit Psycles
2,772 Posts
oh i have a partner...and i am waiving my traditional any paint colour if its black for the tr. there are at least 4 diSSents making the trek and each will be getting a custom paint job to make them faster.

probably be worth millions at the end of it all....

·
Registered
4,014 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
nogearshere said:
oh i have a partner...and i am waiving my traditional any paint colour if its black for the tr. there are at least 4 diSSents making the trek and each will be getting a custom paint job to make them faster.

probably be worth millions at the end of it all....
Oooooooh, I get it now. You're going to "paint" them Racing Black! :thumbsup:

Just in case anyone doesn't know what Racing Black is;

- strip heavy Black powder coat off frame and fork
- smooth any serious irregularities
- polish frame and fork
- wax it all up, nice and buffy-like

The polished finish not only helps to keep mud from sticking to the frame/fork to keep the weight down, but it's also more aerodynamic (it'll "go" with his shaved legs).

And he can fix his hair all nice-n-purdy-like in the morning for pictures through the day. ;)

:lol:

·
highly visible
3,284 Posts
Black goes better with the red ano bits. And what Go Kart Motzart said.

1 - 20 of 39 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.