Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
always learning
539 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
DOWN:
crazy bastard makes a left in front of us on the 101, straight up T-Bone at 60mph. My car (silver) did a 180 and ripped our bikes from the trunk. (all you coming from NorCal going south on 101 by the Disneyana barn: ya, that was our traffic)

Attachments

·
always learning
539 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
UP:
got pics with Peaty and Lopes, and my friend bought this bike for $250! (Azonic Evolution, DJ1, Shorty Stem, King headset, XT rear hub, Hope discs, XT RD, MRP, can't remember the rest). Some dad was selling it cause his son was picked up by Santa Cruz so he couldn't ride it anymore. Sign said $500, my buddy called to say he was interested. Guy calls a little while later saying he's leaving and doesn't want to take it with him.
"Make me an offer"
"250"
"Sold"

**scans of all the slides I took will be up on my website in the next few weeks**

Attachments

·
Registered
649 Posts
That crash sucks arse! Just hope the other dude has insurance!!
Luckily your weekend turned out well anyway. Would have been a bummer to go out on that sour note.
But how good a deal was that bike!!!! Gotta be happy with that. :)
Can't wait to see more pics, especially some action shots.
Cheers.

·
Registered
429 Posts
That Sucks!

At least you weren't hurt too bad; after looking at your car, it looks like you were pretty lucky. Although, it does add insult to injury to have you bike damaged along with you car. Was the other driver insured?

·
Registered
404 Posts
Damn....sorry to hear about the accident. At least you know that anyone making a left hand turn through traffic is always at fault. Hopefully he has good insurance.

Let me know what got damaged on your bike and if I have any extra parts I'll send them your way. PM me for that.

laterz

·
Registered
1,812 Posts
word of advice: try to get your bike to the bike shop and get an estimate price of that damaged bike. Tell them it is not usable because the frame it is all out of alignment and it's basically "totalled". Helped me when I got hit by a car. Sucks about the crash. Hope you guys are ok.

·
Banned
683 Posts
One thing for sure...your wheels will need to be trued. lol...kidding aside. I am glad you guys are ok.

tgreathead said:
DOWN:
crazy bastard makes a left in front of us on the 101, straight up T-Bone at 60mph. My car (silver) did a 180 and ripped our bikes from the trunk. (all you coming from NorCal going south on 101 by the Disneyana barn: ya, that was our traffic)

·
gnar, brah
1,861 Posts
freeriderizzle said:
Damn....sorry to hear about the accident. At least you know that anyone making a left hand turn through traffic is always at fault. Hopefully he has good insurance.

Let me know what got damaged on your bike and if I have any extra parts I'll send them your way. PM me for that.

laterz
not always true. I got t-boned in that same situation, but at night on a street without street lights and the idiot didn't have his lights on. the only exception i can think of unless the other guy was excessively speeding.

anyway, that is one TOTALED rim. looks like the x139 i blew into two half circles. and great deal on that ds-1. that is cheap!

·
always learning
539 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 · (Edited)
Thanks for all the support guys. We were both okay, walked away. My buddy was driving and we have a witness that was also on his way to SOC. He and his girl (wife?) said it was unreal that he turned in front of us, completely his fault. My buddy's got a bruise from the seatbelt and a sore shoulder. My seatbelt caught my lower ribs and bruised them, and my shoulder's a little jacked up. We'll see how I feel in the next few days. As far as the bikes go, the only thing outright visible was my rear wheel snapping and his front wheel being out of true. However my seatstay looks bent so I'm making sure I get an inspection. Since it was not at all my fault I'm going to demand that anything that's not in perfect condition be replaced. If he hadn't hit me the bike would never have had any problems.

norcalbike said:
Hey thats my friend and teammates azonic. Hope you like it.
man, we couldn't believe his dad sold it for so cheap. It was amazing that 250 was the best offer he got all day.

Oh yeah, if anybody in NorCal sees a short kid (around 13 or 14) with longer hair on a black dually bragging about the new Azonic pedals he swiped, hit him in the face with a pedal wrench. That's what the Cambria (CBO) guy couldn't do when he ran after him. He had on a black (or dark blue) NorCal shirt pictured like a license plate and a black Marz hat.

·
DOWNHILL MAFIA
1,360 Posts
That friggin sucks about that accident, bro. I too am glad you're okay. I can't believe what happened to your bike! It looks like you were rear ended, but that just happened on impact with the ground? Was that your bike that got thrashed?
On the upside, your friend got a friggin sick deal on that bike.. I paid more for the exact same frame alone.!!! Mine still looks better though. J/K

·
always learning
539 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 · (Edited)
JSUN said:
That friggin sucks about that accident, bro. I too am glad you're okay. I can't believe what happened to your bike! It looks like you were rear ended, but that just happened on impact with the ground? Was that your bike that got thrashed?
On the upside, your friend got a friggin sick deal on that bike.. I paid more for the exact same frame alone.!!! Mine still looks better though. J/K
Thanks.

Ya, mine's the one with the snapped wheel. When we hit him we did a 180 around his car. The bikes were locked to my tow hook with a fat cable lock. We think the rack blew off on impact and whipped the bikes around onto the ground. My rear wheel and disc are shot and I think the seatstay is too.

We couldn't believe the guy said yes to 250. He hadn't gotten a single other offer and he didn't want to take it home so he took it. Its a little small on my friend (6'4") but he's got a Roast frame that's been sitting in his garage for a while now. Might do a switch-er-oo.

·
always learning
539 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 · (Edited)
WWT said:
Was the other driver insured?
Ya, but we don't know by how much yet. The CHP told us he got the guy's information and he'd send it too us. We were too busy being strapped to body boards...

Funny thing is my sunglasses are prescription. I didn't tell people at the hospital just to see their reaction. Nobody said a word, it was really funny. I was just "that guy from LA that doesn't take his sunglasses off, they do that there ya know" :D

Attachments

·
DOWNHILL MAFIA
1,360 Posts
tgreathead said:
...Its a little small on my friend (6'4") but he's got a Roast frame that's been sitting in his garage for a while now. Might do a switch-er-oo.
Hey let me know if he does switcheroo the parts... I might be interested in a spare/replacement frame... What size is the Evo2?

·
always learning
539 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 · (Edited)
thanks

freeriderizzle said:

laterz
thanks for the support but I'll be cool. I've got the P2 to ride until I get another dually. I just hope it doesn't take forever to get settled, I want to get riding again :p

·
always learning
539 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 · (Edited)
-bb- said:
So did he try to make a left right there where the "NO LEFT TURN" sign is?
From everything I can tell it is legal to make a left there, just scary. In one of the pictures I took you can see a sign by the center divider that indicates merging. That would only be there if you could make a left from the cross street so I think its legal.

The EMT's said they pick people up at these types of intersections up there all the time.

·
Stray Bullet
2,273 Posts
-bb- said:
So did he try to make a left right there where the "NO LEFT TURN" sign is?
I was the one driving car.

No, he was making a left turn going across traffic. We were traveling south (the same direction as traffic in the first, our car turned 180 degrees during the accident. It is hard to tell what happened from the pictures). He was attempting to across southbound traffic to left to go north. Unfortunately for all parties involved he wasn't patient enough for a break a traffic to occur.

The sign saying no left turn is for those traveling north.

Scott

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.