Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Trail or Park
108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My new bike is almost complete. Just missing a few bits and pieces...Been building this thing for almost a year!

Finally after all this time, it looks like something I can ride and not a bunch of parts waiting for money to get some more parts...It's almost done and I really happy with what I managed to assemble and the overall look of the bike.

As for the way it handles, I'll let you know in a couple of weeks.

Any and all comments, suggestions or flaming are welcome! Would love to get some feedback from you guys.Thanks!

- Specs -

Frame: 2006 Transition Trail or Park (Regular)
Fork: 2007 Manitou Gold Label 2 100mm
Cranks/BB: Deity 4130 Cr-Mo
Chainring: Deity 4BDH 48T Splined Sprocket (36T)
Chain: KMC 610HX 1/2x3/32 BMX Chain
Handlebar: Deity 31.8 OS 2014 Handlebar
Headset: FSA Pig Pro DH
Stem: Deity 31.8 OS Stem
Rear Brake: Avid BB7 160mm
Rims: Halo SAS 26"
Front Hub: Atomlab G.I. 36H
Rear Hub: Atomlab Aircorp SS 36H (16T)
Spokes: DT Swiss Champion 2.0
Tires: Maxxis Holy Roller 26"x2.4 60a
Tubes: Hutchinson Reinforced 26"x1.70-2.35
Grips: ODI Longneck Lock-on
Seat: SDG I-Sky I-Beam
Seatpost: SDG I-Beam 30x350
Pedals: Odyssey Jim Cielencki

·
Registered
592 Posts
Looks tight! Look's like a oversized bmx too me. How much does that weigh, also how do you like the pedals? One last question how much have you put into it.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Air up your tires!

Looks sweet, but make sure you keep a good PSI in your tires on those Halos. I run the same wheels on my park bike with Holy Rollers and the tires have a tendency to roll off the rim if I don't keep them aired up.

I've heard this is very common with the Halos.

·
Trail or Park
108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Pantelis said:
Looks tight! Look's like a oversized bmx too me. How much does that weigh, also how do you like the pedals? One last question how much have you put into it.
It should be around 25 pounds, lost track of weight, will have to weight it complete and check it out. 2000+usd? Don't know and I'm not willing to to the math...Lot's of money spent of a year. I spent more than I should have, that's for sure! Sold the other bike I had so I guess that's not too bad. Pedals are great, used them before on other builds, grippy wide and light.

Ray Bao said:
Wouldn't call it the 'ultimate', but that is SWEET.
Yeah, it's "My Ultimate Build" really. Just to get some attention to my post.

The Pork Chop Express said:
Looks sweet, but make sure you keep a good PSI in your tires on those Halos. I run the same wheels on my park bike with Holy Rollers and the tires have a tendency to roll off the rim if I don't keep them aired up.

I've heard this is very common with the Halos.
I'm running those at max PSI (65). Thanks for the heads-up!

Some more pics! Thanks for your comments.

·
Registered
853 Posts
Thats beautiful dude. Do you think a rigid fork would work on the bike? Stupid question I know, but I just want your oppinion. Thanks.

·
Registered
519 Posts
They do it as a frame anyway so as long as the fork length is right then no probs

·
Registered
64 Posts
Hate to break it to you, but its not going to be 25lbs when its said and done, especially with the 06 frame. Here is a pic of my bike w/ the weight just so you can get an idea.

Attachments

·
Registered
519 Posts
Sweet but wheres your front dustcap:shocked: :shocked: :shocked: :shocked: :shocked:

1 - 20 of 25 Posts