Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
81 - 100 of 380 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,015 Posts
Discussion Starter · #82 ·
July 29th 2012 Conditions

July 29th 2012 conditions - the recent rain has firmed up the beach sand sections and traction is great. Back to "Hero Dirt" conditions. A couple of trees were knocked down in the last storm that will require some man power to move. I cleared alot of the small deadfall off the trail today on the East Side.

Also rode a new section called "Planet of the Apes", once ridden in and packed down it will flow super nice.

·
Premium Member
2,015 Posts
Discussion Starter · #84 ·

·
Perpetual Hack
2,193 Posts
Ya got something that is legible to old eyes...
..sorry I even tried zooming the jpg - but got too much blur to be easily read...

michael

·
Registered
149 Posts

·
Registered
1,799 Posts
Out of curiosity, how are the trails currently. I remember you saying most locals don't ride this time of year cause they are too sandy.

I'm doing a stay vacation of riding (not next week, but the week after). A trip down for a ride and swim would be great, but don't want to be just plowing through sand.

·
GAME ON!
4,965 Posts
it's pretty sandy, but not unmanageable. if you can make it rain before or during your trip, it should be better... so make it rain.

·
Premium Member
2,015 Posts
Discussion Starter · #91 ·
Out of curiosity, how are the trails currently. I remember you saying most locals don't ride this time of year cause they are too sandy.

I'm doing a stay vacation of riding (not next week, but the week after). A trip down for a ride and swim would be great, but don't want to be just plowing through sand.
A few posts up is my July 29th trail conditions report. The rain has made the sand a little more manageable but there is more than usual because of the dry summer.

·
Registered
367 Posts
i am going up to TP this coming weekend Aug 18/19th and hope to ride both on saturday early afternoon and sunday morning to get as much mileage as i can squeeze out of the trails.

just wondering what the deal is with the trails pending approval (the LP region conservation authority area, rum runner, duke etc). should i assume they are not available to be ridden?

·
Registered
149 Posts
Hey RatchAttack any word on a big ride Labour Day weekend? Dropped the kids off to the inlaws at Long Point and hit the trails off of mole road for an hour. They are in sweet shape and lots of great work has been done since I was there last. Hope to get a couple rides in the weekend. Shooting for Friday morning and Sunday.

·
Premium Member
2,015 Posts
Discussion Starter · #95 ·
i am going up to TP this coming weekend Aug 18/19th and hope to ride both on saturday early afternoon and sunday morning to get as much mileage as i can squeeze out of the trails.

just wondering what the deal is with the trails pending approval (the LP region conservation authority area, rum runner, duke etc). should i assume they are not available to be ridden?
The trails are open to be ridden but are pending approval from the LPRCA. There may be some changes to those trails in the near future.

Hey RatchAttack any word on a big ride Labour Day weekend? Dropped the kids off to the inlaws at Long Point and hit the trails off of mole road for an hour. They are in sweet shape and lots of great work has been done since I was there last. Hope to get a couple rides in the weekend. Shooting for Friday morning and Sunday.
I'm working Friday and have family stuff happening on Sunday. I'll be riding Saturday and Monday though :l

There is a TP club ride on Sunday though at 9:30 am.

·
Premium Member
2,015 Posts
Discussion Starter · #99 ·
Eric , could you list a trail order that riders could correspond to the new map that would yield the best
flow and **** eating grins :)))) ?
Yes Craig I certainly can. You've got to be careful though, there are un-mapped offshoots everywhere.

Ride from the parking on Mole Rd past the gate down the closed section of the road.

From there take:

Saudwinder
Whiskey Jack
Spinal Tap
Dizzy Lizzy
Humpback
Wedowmaker
***When your at E3 after Wedowmaker ride the fire road north, turn right at the gas line in the hill and follow it until you see a singletrack on your left. Follow that across the old dam to Martin's Up, see attached map for names of the trails in the LPRCA area***

Martins Up
Pail Trail
High Mile
White Tail

From there ride back to E3 and take Spinal Tap in the reverse direction to The Burn

The Burn
Take Mole Rd back to parking

Thats good for about 24km, if you want another 16km or so from back at the parking lot take:

Big Mike
East Ridge
West Ridge
Root Rock
The Grind
Pettifogger
Roller Coaster
West Ridge back to parking.

The only trails with that are signed are in the Provincial Park.

Clear as Mud???

81 - 100 of 380 Posts