Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

361 - 376 of 376 Posts

·
wheeler
595 Posts
Got a little teaser ride on Saturday despite the rain. It's SS heaven down there:thumbsup:
thanks to all who put in the hours to make this place possible:cool: 20180723_164635_resized_Custom_.jpg

20180721_183709_resized.jpg

20180723_164955_resized_Custom_.jpg

·
Registered
3,934 Posts
Is there a bike wash station? I will try to book a campsite there on labor day weekend

Sent from my SM-G965W using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3,934 Posts
How many people reserved spot at turkey point? I will be there On labor day weekend

·
Registered
3,934 Posts
The website mentioned Sep 30th for meeting date. I was hoping for labour day holiday

·
Registered
3,934 Posts
Hey guys

I am here at turkey point this weekend
Can I join someone on a ride? I rode 6 miles on Friday

·
Registered
44 Posts
Typed from under a couple feet of snow even still after recent rains, how are things down that way looking for a ride in the near future with forecasts? Assume a road ride snow free is possible . How far out is a guesstimate on trails for 2020 ? Thx

·
Muskoka
3,473 Posts
Turkey Point PP and trails

Considering a trip down to Turkey Point first time ever in the near future. I will be camping at the provincial park with a small camper, but am wondering which of their campgrounds is best, both for trail access, nice sites etc? Anyone with experience in this regard willing to chime in, it would be much appreciated.

·
Registered
149 Posts
Considering a trip down to Turkey Point first time ever in the near future. I will be camping at the provincial park with a small camper, but am wondering which of their campgrounds is best, both for trail access, nice sites etc? Anyone with experience in this regard willing to chime in, it would be much appreciated.
Just finished a 4 day long weekend there. Site 226 is at the end of a connector trail that is named for it. The Fin & Feather Loop it is in is radio free if that is your thing. We generally prefer Whippoorwill loop on the east side because it is far enough from Turkey Point Road to avoid the road noise. Not that it is really busy in the fall. Easy access to Big Mike trail is through the yellow gate beside site 124. To be honest though within the whole campground you are no more than a few minute ride to one of several trails. The sandy trails on the east side handle rain really well and can be ridden within a few hours of a major rainfall.

The trails are really well marked and can be easily navigated if you have a basic skill set. Map boards - sign posts- trail forks- online maps.
Plan a mid-ride stop at the Long Point Eco Adventures where there is food available and Hometown seacan brewery garden. If you like to paddle launching from the beach gives great acces to Lake Erie or there is Big Creek near by that can be a neat downstream paddle in a deep ravine that is surprising for the area.

361 - 376 of 376 Posts