Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
V-Shaped Rut
3,178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was riding out the trailhead today planning on just doing a 15 mile out 'n back when I got the idea I hadn't done a 30 in a while. My brain said, "30 XC is boring though, you should do 3 different disciplines!" So my triple crown ride was born.

I rode the singletrack for 7.5 miles up to the bike park which is pretty much up->down. Did some runs through the park including wood drops, jumps, wallrides, etc. Your typical freeride session. Then back on the XC for more pain. Finally finished it up with some gravel grinding/bike path to run in the big gear.

So XC->FR->Gravel. Ended up being just about 4 hours with 3700+ climbing. Which while a nice ride doesn't tell the tale of how my legs feel. The XC followed by FR followed by XC really did in my quads. I was on the verge of cramping trying to push the big gear on the gravel coming back, didn't help that I ran out of water with 45 min or so to go, haha!

I don't know that I'll make this a regular thing, maybe in a shorter format. It was really great to get the variety!

Attachments

·
V-Shaped Rut
3,178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Strava screenshot, if you want more detail let me know but it's pretty easy. Just take a left when you come down from GR and hit the gravel. Keep riding, following the preston snoqualmie trail. It'll be gravel for a while, turn to bike path, a small gravel switchback section then more path. Turnaround at the parking lot. You could go a bit further I think up to fall city but I had enough pavement at that point and was just shooting for 30.

Attachments

·
V-Shaped Rut
3,178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Good un... When I first read triple crown I thought Sun Top Palisades or MR Red Hill Devils but are they open yet? Can't wait to hit real mts!
I never heard of those (I'm relatively new up here) but WOW that sun top ride looks excellent! Googling someone said upper sun top till has snow but the other trails in the area are open.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.