Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
1,113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Yes it is finally here. 1st ride today. Still got some adjustments to do.

Delerium T Build Spec.

Frame: Medium Knolly Delerium T - Anodized Black - Fox DHX 5.0 Coil 450lb- 12X135 Thru-Axle
Fork: 2009 Totem Coil 1.5" Black
Headset: Chris King 1.5 Black
Stem: Thomson X4 1.5 45mm 31.8 black
Bar: Deity Dirty Thirty Black
Grips: Deity Enoki Black
Brakes: 09 Avid Elixir CR 203 Front 185 rear.
Shifters: Saint SL M810
Seat Post: Thomson Elite
Saddle: WTB Rocket V
Chain Retention Device: ICSG 05 Blackspire Stinger
Crankset: 09 SLX Double 22/36 175mm
Bottom Bracket: Chris King Black
Front Derailleur Shimano: SLX M665 E-type For Dual Ring
Rear Derailleur: 09 Shimano Saint M810 GS
Cassette: XT 9 speed 11-34
Chain: XT
Pedals: Shimano DX Clipless
Front Hub: Chris King Black 20mm
Rear Hub: Hadley SDH R 1.2 135X12 Through Axle
Spokes: DT Swiss Double Butted
Rims: Mavic XM 819 Disc
Front Tire: Maxxis Minion DHF 60a 2.35"
Rear Tire: Maxxis Minion DHF 60a 2.35"
Tubes: Normal

Weight: 38.1

The hadleys bearing were shot, Using a borrowed rear wheel.

Went for the 1st ride today. Ripping!! :D

Some pics.

Happy New Year

·
trail fairy
9,546 Posts
Killa, nice attention to detail, best cable routing Ive seen built up on a DT Ive seen yet too!

Nicely done One Speed, I'm guessing you've built this up ya self it shows in the time and effort and passion very nice, don't change a thing, well new bearing in them Hadley's maybe ;) looks stunning congrats :thumbsup:

HNY!

·
trail fairy
9,546 Posts
Another nicely done done DT,

Flame me but I can't understand how you guy's run your brakes backwards from a function or form point of view just me :D

Not being picky just an observation, I'm an old moto hack! I still can't understand why MTB hasn't made cable guides like moto brake for SC and Triples like moto forks for disc brake cables probably for this reason still irks me, so I make up my own with zip ties!

Sorry for the derail, be interesting to hear your guys different thoughts on the Roco vs the DHXc even though too different riders very similar builds nearly not sure of ya weights or frame sizes comparison med vs?

Stunning bikes all the same enjoy, great tire choices too nice no compromise builds stellar, nice to see!

·
1,113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Bentley78 said:
Beautiful! Great build. You know what they say... once you go black...
Thanks, I was originally wanting to get blingy with gold and green. I saw an ad (for funn) that says BOB bored of black.

Then I realized: I want a murdered out all black bike.

lornibear said:
A beautiful build indeed, I am looking forward to a ride report....
Thanks.

craigstr said:
Mine cleared customs yesterday and is in route to my dealer, expected delivery to me is around Jan. 15. I have all the parts on the way, my only unkown is when I will get my Hammerschmidt?
Congratulations!!. I heard THE Hammer is supposed to be available around that time.

Mrwhlr said:
That Totem makes me wish Fox would do a single-crown version of the 40 (internally adjustable travel and all).
I would settle for a 7" adjustable fox. But would have to be a coil.

IMHO, From previously riding a fox air fork. Air didnt cut it. They keep saying it is better in newer models.

I was choosing between the totem or Fox Van 36. The totem was less $$ but heavier.
Little overkill to some, but will be better in the bike parks. I like Slack.

Having ridden both, I knew I wouldnt be disappointed with either fork

ebxtreme said:
Whoah.....I've got a bad case of the shakes just lookin' at it.

Killer rig.

Cheers,
EB
Thanks, So happy it is finally here. I love riding slack FS bikes.

trailadvent said:
Killa, nice attention to detail, best cable routing Ive seen built up on a DT Ive seen yet too!

Nicely done One Speed, I'm guessing you've built this up ya self it shows in the time and effort and passion very nice, don't change a thing, well new bearing in them Hadley's maybe looks stunning congrats

HNY!
Thanks, I assembled the bike. Been over 10 years since I built a bike. Few advances since then. :) Took my time on the build. (The bike arrived while I had a cold)

Had a few things done by the bike shop.

Got the headset pressed in the headset and cut the steerer.

Big Thanks to Treadbikes, They got the hadley tools and checked the cranks torque.

Ordered phil wood bearings and new axle.

Cool new high end shop. So happy Dom told me about them.
http://www.treadbikes.com/

madafaka said:
very nice build indeed! What's the weight of that thing?

Here's mine, clean and ready for the snow to melt...only need to cut that front brake line and still need to get me a Ti spring
Thanks, 38.1 lbs. Nice ride, almost twins lol:)

Looking at your build I can estimate around what mine may weigh once I put on real tires and rims.

trailadvent said:
Another nicely done done DT,

Flame me but I can't understand how you guy's run your brakes backwards from a function or form point of view just me

Not being picky just an observation, I'm an old moto hack! I still can't understand why MTB hasn't made cable guides like moto brake for SC and Triples like moto forks for disc brake cables probably for this reason still irks me, so I make up my own with zip ties!

Sorry for the derail, be interesting to hear your guys different thoughts on the Roco vs the DHXc even though too different riders very similar builds nearly not sure of ya weights or frame sizes comparison med vs?

Stunning bikes all the same enjoy, great tire choices too nice no compromise builds stellar, nice to see!
Thanks! No flaming. Run what you like.

I rode bikes before motorcycles, so I prefer the "normal" way to run levers :)

I have no idea on roco vs dhxC. And don't care. NO offense to those that run it. Hope you have good luck if you do.

I am bitter toward Marzocchi. Left me without riding for months.

OldHouseMan said:
Damn!!! Knollys just look burly...This one looks pretty sweet too.
Thanks, very burly and stiff.

KRob said:
Very good sir. I'm loving the all black. Let us know how you like the ride once you get some saddle time.
Thanks, me too. I love the anodized black.

SO far the ride is amazing. SO happy I got the knolly instead of the SXT. Also is lighter and cost less $$

1st ride I rode with the chainstays all the way shortened. Wheeling manualing like crazy.

Next day rode with middle setting.

Felt more comfortable 2nd ride. Was in a hurry and never setup sag or checked shock settings. Wow still felt very good.

Was bottoming the rear little. Dowh I didn't set the sag!!! Rushing to ride too much

After 2nd ride messed with suspension settings.

The Air chamber on the dhxC was only at 70psi and should be at 140.

I set the sag last night and dialed in the specs on the knolly site for the DHXC.

Going to take her out again today in the rain.

Will give a more thorough ride report after more time and getting back to my normal fitness level.

Just getting over a an infection then a cold and haven't ridden for a month.

I think some better tires will help. The maxxis 2.35 tires are hard durometer and not the greatest in the wet. Previously was running nevegal blue groove/ nevegal. They were larger diameter and better in the wet.

Leaning toward trying some 2.4 scwalbe tires. Also interested in trying the ardent's.

That should do the bike more justice.

There is a mini DH run that is about 7-8 minutes long without stopping. Ruts berms few small drops and jumps.

Need to get my garmin fixed so I can compare times on the knolly vs the old ride..

On my old ride would get some arm pump and burning palms by the bottom.

With the Knolly nothing.

Will be dialing on the suspension more on my ride today.

Also the 30" wide bars are different but nice.

My other concern was BB height. I was worrying for nothing. The DT is a berm banging machine.

l will let everyone know what I think after more time and the honeymoon effect wears off :)

Thanks everyone, let me know if you have any questions.

::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

Also thanks to Noel for making this awesome machine. All of the information provided on mtbr and knolly bikes.com really helped.

Thanks to dominator13.

Kinda interesting story.

I described to him what I wanted in a bike. (DH capable bike I could pedal all day)

He said the Knolly DT is the bike for me. I kept researching and looking at other bikes.

Kept going back to the knolly DT. Was a few months later.

I was thinking if the DT is soo good why doesnt Dom have one??? So I called him up.

Hey why don't you have a knolly DT if it so good?

He responds.. I just ordered one :thumbsup:

·
Registered
513 Posts
holy moly that's a monster beast! Great pics!!!! I ride the crap out of my DT all year and after 7 months now I'm finding I have more lust than ever for it.

Q. What's the with of your handle bars? You runnin' 29'?

·
1,113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Bizarro said:
holy moly that's a monster beast! Great pics!!!! I ride the crap out of my DT all year and after 7 months now I'm finding I have more lust than ever for it.

Q. What's the with of your handle bars? You runnin' 29'?
Thanks!
Finally getting closer to being dialed. :thumbsup: Just need new totem spring.

I am using 30" wide bars.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.