Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Let's hear who makes the best RIGID fork. Big shops, little guys, whoever. I want to know who/what the top dog is. Ok, maybe there's a few top dogs, but who are they? Steel, Ti, Al, hickory, what's the material?

Haven't actually tried it? That's ok, make a guess.

·
Registered
470 Posts
not to be a downer, but...

there are probably 55 threads about this... use the handy/dandy search function

you will find that the majority of them will tell you go custom for the best ride:
waltworks seems to be a top hit if money isn't an option.

or for a budget option the kina p2 is well liked

in the mid range price Kelly seems to get lots of praise.

·
Registered
212 Posts
Oh, ok, so anyone who calls themself a custom builder automatically makes forks that are superior to those of any big-name brand. Good to know. I took a shop class once, guess that makes me a "custom builder" This is great, I thought I would have needed some more qualification for that title- I'll start taking orders for my new "twork's" immediately. heres a pic of one before it went into detailing:

Might look a little sketchy, but hey! It's gotta be better than Kona and Surly forks! Just ask usr666!!!

·
Occasionally engaged…
1,772 Posts
BikeMojo said:
Steel.

Independent Fabrications.
I have a steel IF cross fork -- it is great.

I also have a Black Sheep segmented Ti for for a 29er -- it is great too.

All that being said, the fork I'd get now is the Black Sheep unicrown Ti fork...

·
Registered
395 Posts
cmatcan said:
Oh, ok, so anyone who calls themself a custom builder automatically makes forks that are superior to those of any big-name brand. Good to know. I took a shop class once, guess that makes me a "custom builder" This is great, I thought I would have needed some more qualification for that title- I'll start taking orders for my new "twork's" immediately. heres a pic of one before it went into detailing:

Might look a little sketchy, but hey! It's gotta be better than Kona and Surly forks! Just ask usr666!!!
nice fork... comon now don't be an asswipe, sorry didn't preface with reputable. my bad...
Any reputable custom builder's fork. Never said they where better, just another choice but a good choice. Again, why be an ass.

·
Got Mojo?
1,190 Posts
cmatcan said:

Sweet! How soon can you build a fork. What is your lead time. I am getting a new ride built and one of your forks would really finish it out nice....

Talk about plush.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.