Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 20 of 62 Posts

·
Human Test Subject
1,327 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Didn't want to detract from the conversation of the Krampus/Knard/Rabbit Hole. These pics were posted there by jncarpenter and BoogieMang

4.8 Surly Lou

4.8 Surly Bud

I want them both.

·
Just hit it with speed
480 Posts
Wish fat tires would come down in price before more are released........

Either way, nice to have options

·
Fat & Single
4,120 Posts
Wohoo, new tyres, the "bud" could be a goer here with the tight fast center knobs for hardpack and the spaced side for grip in loose corners.

Was holding out for a BFN (big fat nate)

·
Registered
7,353 Posts
Just want a studded one too

·
M8 M12 M15 deez nuts
8,556 Posts
I’m just looking forward to the ride reports on the tires. I ride my 9:zero:7 on technical and non-technical stuff on singletrack as well as fireroads. I am looking for a front tire with just a tad more predictability. Hoping something positive will come from these new developments.

·
Registered
933 Posts
did 45north announce anything new? I was hoping for an additional fat tire (perhaps the studded one they teased at Frostbike) beyond the Surly stuff.

·
Registered
7,353 Posts
We're all going to get much fitter pushing those monsters around. :)

·
Registered
296 Posts
The wife was already shocked seeing the HuskerDu's mounted on the rims ... I wonder what she will think of these and the Knard

·
Geordie biker
1,376 Posts
The nates on my moonlander, proved themselves as a very useful and do anything tire, especially on sticky ground and boggy terrain.

They worked well on rocks and loose stone trails, both climbing and gave you confidence on the descents too.

Also liked the way they self cleaned themselves.

Will be ordering a pair of these ASAP!

·
Human Test Subject
1,327 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I think 45Nrth said they were releasing something else soon. Surprised they didn't show it with their Q brothers.

·
Frt Range, CO
2,576 Posts
There's an on-line radio interview of the 45N founder, he confirmed a studded fat tire is coming this fall, November time frame. AFAIK, it's a 3.8" width.

1 - 20 of 62 Posts