Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 55 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was watching this video (
) and at about 1:53 and 2:02 one of the riders lets out a couple of silly noises as he's riding. This got me thinking about what I do when I'm really going for it on a nice section of trail. I will sometimes start singing (usually some metal or top 40 hip hop) or just let out David Lee Roth-ish screams (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IArxakPsPE0), which brings me to my question. Am I the only one that does this sort of thing, or are there others out there to make me look less crazy?

·
High Desert MTBer
5,468 Posts
ignition16 said:
) and at about 1:53 and 2:02 one of the riders lets out a couple of silly noises as he's riding. This got me thinking about what I do when I'm really going for it on a nice section of trail. I will sometimes start singing (usually some metal or top 40 hip hop) or just let out David Lee Roth-ish screams (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IArxakPsPE0), which brings me to my question. Am I the only one that does this sort of thing, or are there others out there to make me look less crazy?
No, you are crazy... As for 'singing' hip hop, are you serious?

·
Master of Disaster
980 Posts
Cross-country: has to be "Get Dirty" by Robin Moore

Uphill: without a doubt "The Desert" from The Good, The Bad & The Ugly. Seriously what is more appropriate for a gruling uphill than the second half of this track?

Downhill: Lots of good choices here.

·
back in the saddle again
274 Posts
Hey, cool, I was just thinking about this a week ago!
So far my riding soundtrack is... a bit... eclectic =)
It consists of:
Voodoo Chile- Jimi Hendrix, (had this in my head going over singletrack, and the off road track behind my house)
How Can I Keep From Singing?- Church Hymn (this was at the top of a hill during the lesson I had last week)
Free My Soul- Kaos Kontrol (general good tune to have in my head while biking, the singer for this band bikes too, and the guitarist was a damn fine adrenaline junky + is very close to my heart :D)

·
Registered
84 Posts
last year in a race I found myself repeating "Seek and Destroy" by Metallica in my head, nothing out loud though. it was my best race of the year.

The Prodigy "Smack my ***** up" really gets me going too. i'm not a big techno guy but that beat just gets me going

·
Registered
13 Posts
Deftones - Passenger. It is not my power song, but when I concentrate on screaming the chorus I get chills.

op that's an awesome video.

·
Registered
88 Posts
On my bmx, the sound of my pawls keeps me so happy! 4 of em, double springed
Wish I could that sound out of my mtb!

·
Registered
997 Posts
Lately I can't get this song out of my head while riding. Maybe it helps me push it a little faster.

·
Surfin' da mountain
809 Posts
SeaBass_ said:
Metallica cover of "Crash Course in Brain Surgery" often reverberates through my head when I'm riding well.

SeaBass,

You look like Getty Lee. It must be the glare of the lights behind the fish-eye lens.

·
Blue Pig
1,553 Posts
ignition16 said:
You don't sing hip-hop :skep:

But you manage to start a fun thread for most.

·
Registered
816 Posts
I have Lifehouse's "All In" on my MP3. I seem to pick up the tempo on my ride and the - "I'm falling harder than a landslide" hits close to home.

1 - 20 of 55 Posts