Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
Banned
3,883 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, so I have been quiet but that's because I have been having fun. I don't understand why people complain about traffic, crowds, and such. In NJ, it was the same if you went to the shore on a weekend. 3.5 hours to get down to a cruddy, dirty, crowded beach. Only to swim in 58 degree water, full of sewage, and Guinea T-Shirt wearing guidos who's smack you in the face if you came within a hundred feet of their women.

I love biking and i love skiing. I would gladly weather any traffic for the enjoyment. Even at Keystone last week, I was surrounded by amateurs from Texas (why are there so many who come up to ski from there). After one run on the front of the mountain I figured out there were not going to be leaving the easy stuff, so i headed to the back and stayed there all day. Yeah, a little more challenging for an advanced intermediate but there wasn't a sole there. So I just stayed on the moguls and in the trees and had a smile the whole time.

On the way back there was some traffic, but it gave me time to reflect on the great day i had and even brought a tear to my eye thinking about summer and being high again. I wouldn't trade living here and doing the things that are available for anything.

VIVA COLORADO!!!

Oh, and if you are in Golden then try out Eldora. It's close, it's tough, and it's not crowded.

---------------------------
If you missed the show at The Little Bear in Evergreen last week, too bad. You missed an incredible event including a few surprises. A few lucky mountain bikers were the recipients of Stifler's Mom jersey's and one lucky winner walked away with a Fetish frame. They'll be another MTB rock and roll show at the Little Bear soon. Keep watching!

Stifler's Mom will be live at Thunder and Buttons in Colorado Springs on Saturday 1/5/08. For more show dates, check the website at http://www.stifmom.com.

·
slow
7,055 Posts
Good attitude and thanks for the reality check. Having lived in CO most of my life, I am spoiled and I sometimes take all of that for granted. Traffic and other issues may sometimes get us down, but we couldn't live in a much better place. I could probably name at lease 40 other states where I would not want to live. Where else can we ski / board and ride our bikes in the same day within an hour or two of each other? Where else can we look out our windows at those awesome mountains?

·
Registered
439 Posts
Agreed. Just gotta be flexible and enjoy all of our seasons :)

How many other folks in the U.S. can get knee deep freshies and hit some sweet singletrack action in the same day?

·
Registered
346 Posts
I always loved when I drove for Resort Express from the airport to Summit County. As we drove along I-70, there'd be people golfing in Denver, bikes on the roof racks on the west side of town, the Bison grazing in light snow, and then we'd get to Loveland where they'd have a 45-60" base. While the last two years have been snowier than the preceeding 2-3 years, it's amazing just how often you can take full advantage of all the season in just a single day. I know guys that ski 12 months a year (hiking St. Mary's glacier when necessary) just to say they can.

Long live funky Colorado weather!

·
Inflexable...
1,901 Posts
What would everyone do if there wasn't something to whine about?...

skiers
boarders
CDOT
snow
price of eggs in china
snow
DHers
XCers
Texans
Californians
Islamic extremists

·
Thread Terrorist
5,854 Posts
kchri said:
What would everyone do if there wasn't something to whine about?...

skiers
boarders
CDOT
snow
price of eggs in china
snow
DHers
XCers
Texans
Californians
Islamic extremists
I agree. If we didn't complain, whine, b!tch and rant, Forums wouldn't exist.... and the news would be boring.

FLAME ON:madmax: :madmax: :madmax:

·
Registered
1,805 Posts
When I was a kid, I was stuck skiing in Michigan, reading ski mags, dreaming about real mountains. When I was in college in Michigan I used to fly out or ride a damn bus with the ski club here to ski once a year in the Rockies. When I lived in El Paso, TX, I'd drive 700+ miles to meet a buddy from high school that lives in Denver and then head up into the mountains to ski in addition to more frequent but shorter drives to ski in New Mexico. Now, living in the Springs, 2 - 2.5 hours to get to resorts in Summit County is pretty damn nice. I'll take it. So yeah, I've been laughing at all the whiners in recent threads.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Rocky Mountain High!!

schnauzers said:
On the way back there was some traffic, but it gave me time to reflect on the great day i had and even brought a tear to my eye thinking about summer and being high again. I wouldn't trade living here and doing the things that are available for anything.

Viva Colorado indeed. I'm usually high as **** when enjoying all the things this great state has to offer...

1 - 20 of 50 Posts