Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

41 - 50 of 50 Posts

·
Cycologist
7,899 Posts
If you set up a legit mountain bike fixed gear, I think you'd be surprised at how not difficult it is. It's a little awkward for a few minutes, but it really doesn't take any extra skills from a normal bike. You just move your body in slightly different ways over features and such.
Yeah but when you take it off a sweet jump… :p

Reactions: SingleSpeedSteven

·
CEO Product Failure
1,705 Posts
I ride King hubs. When compared to other brands, King hubs do not provide a very loud (audible) silent heckle. Growing up, I had an Evil Knievel Rev Box. I believe the Rev Box would be heckuva lot more fun to heckle with. The link below is exactly what I had on my Huffy Wildfire bicycle.

·
Professional Crastinator
6,176 Posts
Me too. I think it's waaayy more fun to sneak up on people. Silent stalking FTW. Someone actually told me to get a bell so they would know when I'm right behind them.

Sent from my moto g(7) power using Tapatalk
I am (was) the worst for this. My bikes are quiet. I ride quietly.
I have been hauling the mail more than once and come up on someone who I thought would accelerate at that point in the trail - just simply using gravity and momentum - but they don't. I end up scrubbing my rear tire or something and I know it either scares them or annoys the crap out of them.

On the occasions where I've been truly sneaky, I have been privy to some interesting conversations. 🙉

-F

·
Registered
374 Posts
I appreciate the loud hub approach. Quite often, if I ask to pass a slower rider (99% of the time its a dude) and they hear my female voice, they always freak and try to speed up to save a little man-ego. Never works, I still pass them. With my zinging hub, they pull over first, then show a shocked face of surprise as I ride by. :sneaky::ROFLMAO:

·
Cycologist
7,899 Posts
On the occasions where I've been truly sneaky, I have been privy to some interesting conversations. 🙉

-F
We've probably all come up on a couple of riders and passed the back one, then you're following behind the friend/spouse and they are assuming you're their buddy/spouse and blabbing away until they finally discover you're not who they thought you were.

41 - 50 of 50 Posts