Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
1,499 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Want to passive aggressively heckle someone whose going a little slower than you?

The silent heckle is awesome. Set up up your bike with the loudest rear hub available and proceed
coast behind the heckled making sure your are free wheeling and your loud clicky is anouncing your lack of need to pedal...

·
Registered
377 Posts
Want to passive aggressively heckle someone who thinks they're fast but is going a little slower than you?
Fixed. I'm slow as hell and know it and happily get out of the way asap when someone comes up behind me. I love loud hubs because I can hear them coming up on me earlier.

·
Evolutionsverlierer
1,652 Posts
My deep throaty heavy breathing/growling normally does the trick and if not I make the sounds with a heavy german accent.

Reactions: Finch Platte

·
Evolutionsverlierer
1,652 Posts
Fixed. I'm slow as hell and know it and happily get out of the way asap when someone comes up behind me. I love loud hubs because I can hear them coming up on me earlier.
Same here.

Reactions: Gumby_rider

·
Registered
353 Posts
Why the need to passive-aggressively heckle someone?
99.9% of the time, I'm courteous. 0.1% I speak my truth, calmly and clearly.

·
Registered
1,499 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Why the need to passive-aggressively heckle someone?
99.9% of the time, I'm courteous. 0.1% I speak my truth, calmly and clearly.
For shits and giggles!

To be fair I'm heckling mates I'm riding with. Not random strangers.

·
Registered
426 Posts
Want to passive aggressively heckle someone whose going a little slower than you?

The silent heckle is awesome. Set up up your bike with the loudest rear hub available and proceed
coast behind the heckled making sure your are free wheeling and your loud clicky is anouncing your lack of need to pedal...
that type of behavior should only be used towards hikers, typically when your air horn has been depleted. If you want to be passive aggressive, hug their wheel and have a conversation where you ask them lots of questions as they gasp for breath. Far classier.

·
Cycologist
7,899 Posts
Sometimes I like to sneak up on them on my SSS (silent single speed) and see how long I can ride behind them before they know I'm there.

·
Registered
Lone Wolf
2,561 Posts
Me too. I think it's waaayy more fun to sneak up on people. Silent stalking FTW. Someone actually told me to get a bell so they would know when I'm right behind them.

Sent from my moto g(7) power using Tapatalk
I got stuck behind a couple doing about 4mph on one of the flat desert trails by my house, and I hollered "mind if I pass?" 3 times before I finally just went around them. They got pissed and I heard the woman yell something about me getting a bell. If you didn't hear me yelling, what makes you think you'd hear a bell?

Some people are just in their own little world.

·
Registered
Trek E-Caliber 9.6
31 Posts
LOL I thought this thread was about the Santa Cruz Heckler, which was coincidently named after a guy who used to work part time at the shop where I also work part time.
*He was not amused when Santa Cruz went e-bike with his name. :D

·
Registered
1,316 Posts
... Set up up your bike with the loudest rear hub available and proceed coast behind the heckled making sure your are free wheeling and your loud clicky is anouncing your lack of need to pedal...
Hope Pro 4's ...

1 - 20 of 50 Posts