Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
9,592 Posts
Hmmm, I have no favorites, but for a day like this I might have to pick up a bomber of something new on the way home. Barleywine, dipa, sours? We will have to see...
So after your tongue and your brain cooling down from GABF overload, any comments? I've never been as I never drink and drive (it's true). I'd love to attend, though, maybe take a pic or two. Like a "Girls of the GABF", something along that line.

I know the Convention Center intimately. Was it really full of beer like they say?

·
Registered
2,019 Posts
If someone is into craft beer it is absolutely worth it to get a hotel room down town in order to avoid driving after attending the fest.

I'm kinda bummed that Flying Dog moved out East. I used to like their Horn Dog Barelywine. This evening I'm going to enjoy a bomber of Great Divide Hercules Double IPA.

So what are folks' favorite liquor stores in the Denver area for craft beer? I like Apple Jacks and Tipsy’s. I'm willing to drive for selection.

·
Banned
3,883 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
If someone is into craft beer it is absolutely worth it to get a hotel room down town in order to avoid driving after attending the fest.

I'm kinda bummed that Flying Dog moved out East. I used to like their Horn Dog Barelywine. This evening I'm going to enjoy a bomber of Great Divide Hercules Double IPA.

So what are folks' favorite liquor stores in the Denver area for craft beer? I like Apple Jacks and Tipsy's. I'm willing to drive for selection.
Applejacks is good and the King Soopers on Leetsdale has a really nice mix as well.

·
a dad
2,927 Posts

So what are folks' favorite liquor stores in the Denver area for craft beer? I like Apple Jacks and Tipsy's. I'm willing to drive for selection.
I like Mondo Vino and Highlands liquor store by Sunflower.. They usually keep a good rotation.. and I can walk to each of them..

·
Registered
744 Posts
So after your tongue and your brain cooling down from GABF overload, any comments? I've never been as I never drink and drive (it's true). I'd love to attend, though, maybe take a pic or two. Like a "Girls of the GABF", something along that line.

I know the Convention Center intimately. Was it really full of beer like they say?
This was my eighth year in a row at the fest. Tried some great different stuff from cigar city, pizza port, Maui, sweetwater ect. Im an IPA fan, played out I know, but its really cool to try them all in one place.

There were hundreds of great breweries, each with about five beers on tap. I forget the #'s but it was huge. Sure, you have the fratboy element but it never bothers me much. Im there for the beer and staring at boobs.

Picked up a bomber of hog heaven to drink with some pastrami sandwiches as soon as im done with this dillon dam epa.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,019 Posts
Eight years to the fest is quite a run. I had a run of four years going. I totally agree it is great to try so many beers side by side. When I went to the fest I typically would go to three sessions, but I was getting passes from a brewer from back in Chicagoland my family knew. We would go to a session and try, say, all stouts or all Belgian styles and compare them back to back.

I like to buy bombers and sample them at home while reading the reviews of the beer I am drinking on BeerAdvocate - Respect Beer.

Does anyone have some seasonal beers which we should absolutely try?

·
formerly shabadu
961 Posts
After the weather broke this afternoon, I suited up in my swrve hipster survival suit, turned into the wind and pedaled my sscx down to the Denver Beer Co. I powered down a Whakahapa IPA then rallied home with the wind at my back and Nothing Shocking in my ears.

If you haven't checked out the Denver Beer Co., you should.

Nice sunset.

True story.

·
Registered
9,592 Posts

Total Beverage at 92nd and Sheridan.

·
Registered
744 Posts
Met some of the DBC guys at the fest briefly. Nice guys, they won a medal. Meant to stop in there while I was down there but didn't get the chance. Will have to soon on our next Wildy/REI/savalgetti/Costco run to the city.

A little off the subject but has anyone been to the Rackhouse in the Stranahan's building? I was blown away. Amazing beer list (for the fest, but year round I think it's still good) and the food blew my mind. I had a lamb burger. Recommended.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.