Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Don't worry, be happy!
8,141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I confess, I'm a ski bum in addition to a mountain biker. I try and get at least two days a week in while conditions hold. I always have a tough time shifting into bike mode. It's kind of nutty because it will be gorgeous in town, and great skiing up on the mountain 30 miles away. I tend to not pull my bike out until the season is done for sure - I only have so much time to play.

I know, I'm doing it wrong.

·
gobsmacked
8,757 Posts
I confess, I'm a ski bum in addition to a mountain biker. I try and get at least two days a week in while conditions hold. I always have a tough time shifting into bike mode. It's kind of nutty because it will be gorgeous in town, and great skiing up on the mountain 30 miles away. I tend to not pull my bike out until the season is done for sure - I only have so much time to play.

I know, I'm doing it wrong.
Where are you where you can ski twice a week? I'm jealous. Seriously. Takes me 3 hours.

·
Don't worry, be happy!
8,141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I've got a season pass at the area 33 miles from my house. There are four more ski areas within 100 miles from my house, and just over the border is the powder triangle, BC goodness just a few hours away. Many of these areas are non destination resorts so you can still get day tickets for $30-50 if you dont hold a pass.

·
7,758 Posts
No shift here yet in VT, I can't even walk the dogs without putting on snowshoes! 2' of snow last week plus a -8F morning. Good thing I love all the seasons.

·
Registered
1,031 Posts
It is a hard time of year for me, also! The weather is warming up along the Front Range, and once the temperature hits the high 50's and the wind ISN'T in the 50's, I know it is time to pull out the bike and start getting my legs spinning. But there is still another month of ski season left, and I want to squeeze every last drop of value out of the season pass. I spent my first day on my new skis yesterday at Arapahoe Basin, and the new equipment is going to make switching from boards to bikes that much harder!

Luckily about the time the ski season is ending, I am about OVER the drive to Summit County. Now that I'm in Colorado Springs, it is 2:15 to Breckenridge, and a day ski means almost as much time behind the wheel as on the slopes. But is sure has been a great snow year in CO this season, and mostly the driving has been worth it.

·
Registered
413 Posts
Just got back from Alaska and made my last turns of the year:( Back to mountain biking in the desert. Bike or ski... the constant debate. Either way... a day in the mountains is a good day.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts