Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
804 Posts
Interesting looking, and would be good for storing bikes with the curved top tubes. Looks like the $125 "early bird' pricing is good for another month and the dollar goal has been met already. Just have to wait until October for the product.

·
> /dev/null 2&>1
3,824 Posts
I like it, it has promise. But, couple things:

It's a decent work stand if you don't have a proper one but it's no substitute for the real thing, which allows access to both sides of the bike, rotation of the bike, and holds the bike steady for torquing stems, pivots, bottom brackets, etc.

Second, I've heard hanging the bike by the saddle for long periods of time can deform it.

Overall seems like a good product for the commuter/city dweller crowd with space limitations.

·
Registered
3,231 Posts
Great idea though I can't use this because I hang my bikes from the ceiling via the saddle. Great approach for sure. The video showed some pretty cool classic retro bikes. Fun!!

·
Registered
146 Posts
really nice! love it! although i think my bike is too heavy(~31#) for this and i'd be wary of hanging via the saddle since i have a dropper post... would definitely get one for a commuter/road bike.

·
Registered
804 Posts
Better and less expensive options for me, since I don't have wall space for a rack. Still mad I didn't think it up because it does look good and it will fit the needs of some people.

The angle he put on the seat cradle looks to keep pressure off of the nose, sits on the rails, so deforming shouldn't happen. Not that it can't or won't happen!

Those who fit the demographic he is going for will have a better option than leaning it on the wall or using one of those coat rack type hangers. It will also give those who buy one a new reason to buy parts that make the bike look cooler hanging in the living room.

·
Registered
4,295 Posts
I like it.

My wife and I are moving to a condo next year so I'll lose the basement space I currently have for bike storage and while the product looks good, it would not work in the storage cage provided with our unit. No way to attach it to either the cage itself or the concrete wall (not allowed to drill holes in the building foundation!) and I have no desire to store four bikes in the actually housing unit so I'm still back to floor racks inside the cage.

Too bad actually. I'm still not ruling it out if I figure out a way to attach it to the cage. Hmmm.....

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I was worried about hanging a dropper post off of it too, it seems like a lot of unnecessary stress on the internals. Judging by the kick starter numbers it looks like it will be fairly successful.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts