Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 96 Posts

·
ups and downs
15,599 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Since the RMB-PM arrived it's apparent that there's a bunch of items on everyone's Wish List that they want Alex to know about, so how about we start a semi-official Wish List thread where we consolidate all the items that everyone wants RMB to produce.

To make it solidly meaningful, RMB could always open a PayPal account and we could place 50% deposits on things we ask for so they know we're serious. :skep: :D Vote with your wallet.

·
kabouterclan member
501 Posts
- 29" aluminium Element, either in Classic Maple or in Tribal
- 29" Blizzard with sliders, rigid or hardtail in Classic Maple
- no-swoopy-tubes compact Scandium roadbike in Classic Maple
- (carbon) stays and forks that match the color of the bike at the front and rear end
- uhm, did i mention Classic Maple?:D

·
Registered
306 Posts
I wish the Rocky PM would stop wearing a giant fanny pack on our rides.

ALSO, I wish the Rocky PM would develop a new wheel size standard 650-RMB. 650b and 29 are so passé.

·
Registered
525 Posts
peteypete said:
I wish the Rocky PM would stop wearing a giant fanny pack on our rides.

ALSO, I wish the Rocky PM would develop a new wheel size standard 650-RMB. 650b and 29 are so passé.
And I wish the "team manager" would stop being such a cry baby and get a better attitude.

Announcing the new Rocky Mountain RHS. (Red Headed Stepchild)
NEW 685.6 RMB standard.

You can choose from Weinmann rims (1 model) and Cheng Shin tires (1 model, 1.95 x 685.6). No inner tubes are available right now. Sorry.

Oh, and no one makes any spokes yet, or rim strips. Oh, and forks are a problem too. Geometry doesn't work either.

Available June 2009. Or not.

·
Registered
554 Posts
Paint and Decals

It's been said a few times .............. Leaves.

First and foremost is a paint scheme that doesn't look run of the mill. This years line up looks like Trek. However some of the bikes have these little lines around the stickers like contour lines you'd find on a map ............ or on a Kona.

I'd like to see the Blizzard available as a complete bike. It's pretty costly to buy a frame only and then complete it from there. That's been mentioned before as well.

Other than that, I have no wishes other than maybe having a big RM booth at the Toronto Spring Bike show like the old days with that fancy tent and a complete new line up. It was awesome getting to see all the new bikes up close for the people who can't make it to the other outings. The last 2 years have been pretty sad for me there. There are thousands of people there, you're missing out on an opportunity to show off.

On a positive note, it's great to have the contacts on this forum, I get great customer service whenever I've had to call BC, awesome team and fantastic bikes. Everything above is pretty trivial when you consider these things.

·
Registered
839 Posts
- more sensible ring spec on Sherpa's
- frame-only option on Sherpa's.
- more hard ano options for 26 and 29" line up.
- more maple
- more scandium frame offerings from Delta facility

·
Registered
3,418 Posts
- Tougher frame finishes, make it thicker, make it anodized…just as long as it lasts a while and doesn’t scratch or scuff easily.

- Bring back the maple leaf theme, I don’t care where you make the bike but I want it to at least look Canadian or have unique graphics…not just the slashes of colour that other manufacturers use which seems to be creeping onto Rocky’s bikes.

- Make the lines and curves on the bikes flow more, take a look at a Specialized Stumpjumper or Giant Trance and then look at the Altitude and you’ll see what I mean.

- Keep the forward facing seat clamps, it shows attention to detail and a caring for how long the seat tube/clamp/post lasts and looks good.

- Do a larger range of sizes, personally I’d like a size in between Large and Extra Large. Just look at how popular Trek’s new 18.5in size is…

·
Registered
554 Posts
Trout2 said:
How about some nice jeresys, t-shirts, hats & etc. Where can one get this sort of stuff?
Just about anywhere in Germany ............ clothes, key chains, clocks, door mats, mud flaps, watches and the list goes on my friend. Just about anything you would or wouldn't think of has a RM logo on it.

They even have mirrors shaped like the blowing LEAVES.

·
ups and downs
15,599 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
bagpipes said:
Just about anywhere in Germany ............ clothes, key chains, clocks, door mats, mud flaps, watches and the list goes on my friend. Just about anything you would or wouldn't think of has a RM logo on it.

They even have mirrors shaped like the blowing LEAVES.
and even Team painted speakers at Eurobike... :D

It would be nice to have a XC jersey that wasn't race team inspired as well, maybe just red, black and yellow trim and a basic Rocky logo front and rear, or on the sleeves. I am a schwag monster.

Attachments

·
Doesntplaywellwithmorons!
10,919 Posts
If they're gonna make the blizzard available complete again, they should take the time to redesign it to take 650B wheels so it can compete with the Haro Beasley (which is currently the only major brand production 650B bike). Then if they want a 26" steel hardtail they can use one of the other classic model names that came in steel (like the Equipe).

·
Registered
525 Posts
Trout2 said:
How about some nice jeresys, t-shirts, hats & etc. Where can one get this sort of stuff?
We've got a new line of softgoods coming soon (t's, hoodies, hats, etc...) Unfortunately not my dept so I have limited details, but will be available via your local dealer... I'm not sure if they have the details yet.

·
Registered
916 Posts
Keep the classic leaves paint sheme. OR a least do some special edition frame with them.

KEEP a 26inch blizzard (an updated version would be cool, lighter).
25th anniversary next year ? Do something special !

A 26inch complete blizzard and vertex team would be cool too.

Why only do a 29er hammer and no 26er.

A steel bike (blizzard) welded in Canada would definately sell. (no china bullcrap)
I know china is cheaper and everything. It's just about being proud and be different.

Be clear about where frame are welded and painted...(China,Vietnam,Canada ?) No rep is clear about this.

Put shimano crank on your bikes instead of raceface crap. (deus and ride level)

·
ups and downs
15,599 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Megaclocker said:
KEEP a 26inch blizzard (an updated version would be cool, lighter).
25th anniversary next year ? Do something special !
Dekerf welded/painted 25th anniversary Blizzards maybe? The frame would have to be up in the Dekerf price range of $1800+ but they'd likely sell out the whole special edition run.

Now they'll definitely want to setup a Paypal account to take your deposits online.

1 - 20 of 96 Posts