Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Bicyclochondriac.
14,453 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is there a way to do a search for more than one word and have the search engine search for hits with BOTH words? I do searches of post titles often, and it is really irritating that if I search for <Heckler, weight> I get all these hits that don't have both words. It seems like the search default is <OR> between terms. It would make a lot more sense for the default to be <AND> between terms. I think I can use quotes around both words, but that only gives you hits when they are in that exact order. Does anybody know a way around this? I feel like a lot of questions get asked over and over and over and over because it is so hard to find anything you are looking for with the search function.

·
Bicyclochondriac.
14,453 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
kapusta said:
Is there a way to do a search for more than one word and have the search engine search for hits with BOTH words? I do searches of post titles often, and it is really irritating that if I search for <Heckler, weight> I get all these hits that don't have both words. It seems like the search default is <OR> between terms. It would make a lot more sense for the default to be <AND> between terms. I think I can use quotes around both words, but that only gives you hits when they are in that exact order. Does anybody know a way around this? I feel like a lot of questions get asked over and over and over and over because it is so hard to find anything you are looking for with the search function.

Never mind, I used the search function and actually found the answer. :rolleyes:

·
Maaaaan
4,259 Posts
And I was just about to say, that the MTBR Google custom search sucks, but you can use a Google search engine in your browser and it will frequently find stuff on MTBR.
Go figure...

·
Bicyclochondriac.
14,453 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
nachomc said:
You can use quotes, or I believe you can also say "AND" between the two search terms.
The quotes thing usually does not help much, but the AND function is what I was looking for.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts