Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
10,138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Any of you guys running a Lunch ride in Colorado? Trail are are somewhat open which suits it well but what about tighter trails with slower technical climbs? Does it feel too long for those? Do you get used to that? I have a V4 Ripley but am looking for something a bit bigger and more capable but still a good climber for those long days. I'm tossing around the idea of the Lunch Ride, Hightower, the Rascal, and the Offering. I just sold my Yeti 4.5 and replaced it with the Ripley, but I think something more capable will be way more fun on some trails and also places like Moab.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Any of you guys running a Lunch ride in Colorado? Trail are are somewhat open which suits it well but what about tighter trails with slower technical climbs? Does it feel too long for those? Do you get used to that? I have a V4 Ripley but am looking for something a bit bigger and more capable but still a good climber for those long days. I'm tossing around the idea of the Lunch Ride, Hightower, the Rascal, and the Offering. I just sold my Yeti 4.5 and replaced it with the Ripley, but I think something more capable will be way more fun on some trails and also places like Moab.
I've had this bike for about a month now. I think it's a versatile bike. It does well with slow, technical and tight stuff IMHO. However, I am coming off a Stumpjumper Evo which had super long wheelbase and a ridiculously low bb. I know when I went from Jeffsy to the Evo I adjusted to the new geo quickly. The one thing I did with the 130 is put on 165 cranks. I think you could get away with 170 though. I think I just developed some paranoia and irritation with the stupid low bb on the Evo. I haven't had any of those issues with the 130.

·
Registered
10,138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah, low BBs annoy me as well. I never had an issue with higher BBs to begin with and these new bikes are so long and low that they could use slightly higher BBs and be far more stable than the older bikes. Not sure I want to use 165mm cranks though I think the 170s should be okay. I have been on 175s forever and prefer them in general since I have longer legs and a shorter torso for my height at 6'. It is good to get your feedback on this bike!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.